News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So Close....

Started by Drache, May 23, 2013, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Some members of the Horsepower Hooligans stepped up and volunteered their truck and another donated the trailer. You can clearly see the top dent in the picture that someone put in the car  :'(

Locked up in the compound beside my cousin's shop! It's the first car going in for work tomorrow and even though I said it didn't matter, they said it should be done before closing tomorrow!

The front of my cousin's shop! I swear since they started working on my Dart their work on classics tripled!

So I will wait and see how well the transplant goes tomorrow.....

This is only possible due to gdrill over on FABO!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1970Moparmann

What's the plan??  Sorry to hear about the dent - how did that happen?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Drache

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 24, 2013, 07:33:24 AM
What's the plan??  Sorry to hear about the dent - how did that happen?

Getting a replacement rearend. Blew the last one up. As for the dent, not sure exactly how it happened but I'm positive I know who did it bu they won't admit to it.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

4cruzin

Hope it all works out as planned!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Drache

Well sadly the Dart won't be at the car show on Sunday. Seems my cousin's shop has been so busy they couldn't start on it this morning and won't have enough time to get it done :(

Oh well hopefully next week....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

I was told Saturday as they were closing my Dart would be ready Monday... well 3 hours left in the work day and my Dart still isn't ready....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Cooter

Looks like a "Dent Wizard" or whatever guy could possibly rework that dent.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ws23rt

I am a kinda do it my self--give it a go sort.  Had a golf ball dent on the deck lid of my 09 challenger. I searched under paintless dent repair and learned very good stuff. Such as the metal wants to be back where it was it just needs help. In my case on my flat panel I was able to remove the dent to the point it is only visible in the right light and viewing angle. I have to point it out. There are quite a few people that make a good living doing this. The most important thing is to be gentle and patient.

Drache

Well talked to a family friend who works at the shop. Seems all the car needed was to be test driven and then it could have been released to me....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TUFCAT

That's a big dent....I would be extremely PISSED!  :mad:  Sorry to see that bro.

Cooter

Quote from: Drache on May 27, 2013, 05:51:23 PM
Well talked to a family friend who works at the shop. Seems all the car needed was to be test driven and then it could have been released to me....

Test driven? Was it in the shop for more than a dent?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Drache

Quote from: Cooter on May 28, 2013, 06:32:07 AM
Quote from: Drache on May 27, 2013, 05:51:23 PM

Test driven? Was it in the shop for more than a dent?

Wasn't in the shot for the dent at all but to have a rear end replaced.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RECHRGD

I hate test drives!  One time I had a shop rebuild the tranny on the Charger.  When I went to pick it up, it had 70+ more miles on it than when I brought it in. :brickwall:  I do all my own work on it now and if I can't, I sit and wait for it...?
13.53 @ 105.32

Drache

So i picked up the dart and got it home. It really really needs a tune up. But one thing i noticed was putting on the brakes slowly resulted in a pull to the right. Not that bad but if driving one handed on the wheel and wasnt ready for it you might jump and slap both hands on the wheel.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

Man what a nightmare. People who don't own up to mistakes are throw-aways. If you screw up, you own up to it and you make it right. Sorry to hear about this Drache.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Drache

So as some might remember, just this week I finally got my Dart back on the road after having the rear end replaced.

The day I picked up the car I noticed that when I put the brakes on the car pulls to the right. Also there was a shimmy that wasn't there before. I thought it was one of the rear tires out of balance.

Went on a long cruise today and when driving, the shimmy was so bad that the steering wheel was bouncing left and right and when driving slowly, you could actually see the entire car rocking back and forth.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ws23rt

So you just had the rear end replaced? All else was ok before?------
An old friend and I were in his old 48 ford pu driving down the freeway years ago and he was turning the steering wheel constantly. I asked why he needed to do that. He said the rear end wasn't very secure and wandered.  :rotz:  Ah I see ---now where were we?

Drache

Quote from: ws23rt on May 30, 2013, 09:20:44 PM
So you just had the rear end replaced? All else was ok before?------

The car sat for the past 6 months or so before being towed into town and having the rear end replaced. It didn't have this shimmy before.

I just remembered this....

I remember my dad working on his car once. His beater car developed a nasty shimmy and he thought it was a U-Joint or something like that. He asked me to take off his front tires and when I went to undo the the front right lug nuts, three of the five fell off as soon as I touched them. The other two were almost about to fall off.

The only mistake I have EVER seen my dad make when wrenching on a car.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire