News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Heater core part number

Started by Tilar, April 06, 2013, 04:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Non A/C heater core.  I'm coming up with 2 different part numbers. 394152 and 9010177. They both look the same and I do NOT have the original core out of my car yet so I'm not sure what is different. Which one do I need?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ODZKing

Tilar,
The correct part number for a non-A/C heater core for a 1973 is 3579171
Available at NAPA the number crosses to a Spectre
Part Number: NHC 6603104
Product Line: NAPA Heater Cores
Attributes:
Heater Core Height : 6-1/2"
Heater Core Hose Size : Inlet - 1/2", Outlet - 5/8"
Heater Core Length : 7-3/4"
Heater Core Width : 2"
Features and Benefits: Innovative Engineering, Manufacturing Technology And Quality Control Ensure That Spectra Premium Heaters Meet Or Exceed The Performance Of The Original Equipment They Replace.
Variable Pipe Positioning To Accommodate Restrained Casing Fit
Unit Is Leak Tested To Ensure Product Quality At Installation
High Density Fin Count For Maximum Heat Dissipation
Precisely Tooled Tanks For Strength And Durability
Optimum Tube Pitch Spacing To Maximize Heat Transfer
OE Design To Ensure Exact Fit, Form And Function
Installation Guidelines Provided In The Box
Installation Notice: Heater core replacement
Warranty: 12 Months or 12,000 Miles Whichever Occurs F

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Elwenil

Greetings,

I found this thread while Googling around looking for a heater core for the '71 Road Runner we are restoring.  Can anyone confirm that the NAPA NHC 6603104 is indeed a replacement for the Mopar Part number 3579171?  None of the resto parts houses list a heater core for a '71 without A/C but if this one will work I will happily pick one up while we have the car torn down for paint.  Thanks!

ODZKing

Quote from: Elwenil on July 09, 2013, 11:57:19 PM
Greetings,

I found this thread while Googling around looking for a heater core for the '71 Road Runner we are restoring.  Can anyone confirm that the NAPA NHC 6603104 is indeed a replacement for the Mopar Part number 3579171?  None of the resto parts houses list a heater core for a '71 without A/C but if this one will work I will happily pick one up while we have the car torn down for paint.  Thanks!
I just checked, 3579171 is the correct Mopar #.  NAPA is generally quite good when it comes to matching up parts.  I can't confirm but I would give it a shot! You could always bring yours down and match.
Auto Zone and Advance usually have the same brands with their name on it. Cordone usually rebuilds all these. (I think)

Elwenil

Thanks for the info.  If I get the go ahead from the owner and it works out, I'll try to remember to post up how it fits and any issues.

Thanks again!