News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford Ecoboost issues??

Started by odcics2, May 20, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: odcics2 on May 27, 2013, 04:01:19 PM

Breaking News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130527/AUTO0102/305270307/U-S-investigates-400-000-Ford-F-150-trucks-engine-problems?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

"The Dearborn automaker has issued three separate dealer bulletins since 2012 advising how to address owner complaints. Ford has not issued a recall, which is required when an automaker determines a potential problem poses an "unreasonable risk to safety."

So is Ford waiting until someone gets hit/crashes before they deem this thing "unreasonable risk to safety."? Things that make me go hmmmm....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Cooter on May 27, 2013, 04:14:29 PM
So is Ford waiting until someone gets hit/crashes before they deem this thing "unreasonable risk to safety."? Things that make me go hmmmm....

Unfortunately, they all do this.  At least no one got killed with this like my issue with Dodge and the airbag clock spring.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Cooter

At least it was that way when I worked for dealers too. Customers blame the poor Techs as not knowing what the hell they are doing, when it's a design flaw.

From what I gather, it's collecting Condesation in the Intercooler. Hmmmm, As many Turbo vehicles out there today, one would think Ford Engineers could have figured out a way around this problem by now. Said they have been sending out TSB's since Like 2012, dancing around the problem. And to think, this is what we get for our bailout money? Damn...(Yes, I know Ford "claims" not to have taken any bailout money, but I know better).
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

Just working out a few bugs.  That's not a bad percentage.   Not a major engine problem/melt down in my book.   They know the problem and it sounds like a stupid minor fix so that's good.   Even the best built cars in the world are going to have a few lemons and or defects. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

odcics2

http://www.freep.com/article/20120112/BUSINESS0102/201120601/Ford-not-GM-or-Chrysler-got-federal-loans-to-retool-plants

"If you ask the general public which automaker owes $4 billion to the government, no one would guess Ford," said analyst Rebecca Lindland of IHS Automotive in Greenwich, Conn.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

1970Moparmann

And why does the Government (who's broke) have the power to use our money to do this crap.  But, then again, the Government is putting stupid ass requirements in for the future. :brickwall:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Steve P.

This is not something new. The government has made loans many times before. It is however a big media talking point and some cannot get enough of it.

The reason that the government made emergency loans, (BAIL OUTS), was to save American jobs. Not just the jobs of people whom work for GM and Chrysler, but also the millions of others who make switches and lenses and steering wheels and wheels and a host of other car parts jobs as well.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Cooter

Looks like it worked..... :-\

http://www.bankruptingamerica.org/fact-sheet/the-auto-bailout-the-facts/

"In the bailout bankruptcies, there were examples of politicians who were not looking to maximize the success of reorganizing the companies but rather were focused on earning favor with constituents"

odcics2

More info - looks like hundreds are complaining on forums...  without making formal complaints that are counted.
Tells exactly what the problem is, too.

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2013/05/nhtsa-investigating-ford-f-series-ecoboost/#more-61409
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

richRTSE

Quote from: odcics2 on May 27, 2013, 05:25:43 PM

http://www.freep.com/article/20120112/BUSINESS0102/201120601/Ford-not-GM-or-Chrysler-got-federal-loans-to-retool-plants

"If you ask the general public which automaker owes $4 billion to the government, no one would guess Ford," said analyst Rebecca Lindland of IHS Automotive in Greenwich, Conn.

Quote....along with Nissan, which got $1.4 billion

:o

ws23rt

Not such a big deal. The people that make the machines that print money. And all that are connected in that industry spend there money and pay taxes.
All is just fine. The big machine works. :eek2:
Jobs jobs jobs