News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 69 wheels

Started by drrlegion, May 30, 2013, 12:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drrlegion

Hello,
I have a 1969 Charger and I´d like to install Magnum 500 wheels.
Does somebody know which are the right sizes for Magnum wheels and Bf Goodrich Radial TA tires matching?
What is the right bolt size?
I´m thinking whether the combination 15x7 Magnum 500 with 225/60R15 could be right.

Thanks for your help.

Dino

Bolt pattern is 5x4.5 bolts are 1/2-20.

There are many combinations regarding tires and rims.  225 on a 7" wide rim will work fine.  You can run up to a 255 on a 7" rim easily.  It all depends on the look you are after so I suggest you browse this site and find some Chargers with the look you are after.  That way you don't have to guess.

good luck!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

drrlegion

Thank you very much for your help, Dino!

Two more questions:
Using the 225/60R15, is it possible to use a 15x6 instead of a 15x7 Wheel?
Regarding "backspacing", what is that measure? Is 4.00 backspacing a measure that will work with my Charger?

Thanks again.

Dino

Quote from: drrlegion on May 30, 2013, 09:15:29 AM
Thank you very much for your help, Dino!

Two more questions:
Using the 225/60R15, is it possible to use a 15x6 instead of a 15x7 Wheel?
Regarding "backspacing", what is that measure? Is 4.00 backspacing a measure that will work with my Charger?

Thanks again.

Yes a 6" wide rim will work but I wouldn't go more narrow on the rim or your tire will balloon a bit much.

This chart is a good guideline as well:

http://www.team3wheels.com/pdf_download_documents/tire_chart_2010.pdf

4" bs will work fine and so will a little less probably.  A 15x7 usually has 4" bs, a 15x8 will have 4.5".  a 15x6 will be 3.75" - 4".

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

I'd go 15x7 on the front and 15x8 on the back.