News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TTI 2.5 system?

Started by cougs, June 10, 2013, 10:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougs

I need recommendations on exhaust.   My stock 68 with a 383 has the stock hp manifolds and the 2.5 system from year one with the "hemi" mufflers.   My only gripe is while it sounds good when standing behind the car, the system is way too quiet.  I'd like to make my car sound like a muscle car.   What does everyone recommend?  The car may see edelbrock heads and intake in the future bit for now is stock.   Will I see a torque/power increase with the TTI headers over the hp mufflers?  I'd like to install cutouts while I'm at it.  :drool5:  I'd like to install it myself and I don't know how to weld  :shruggy:
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

Back N Black

I have TTI 1 7/8 headers, TTI h-pipe and Dyno-Max Ultra flows on mine. It's not bad cruising down the road, but has a nice rumble. They really open up when you come on to her. ZERO drone cursing.

Al

I have the complete TTI exhaust system on my 383. I saw a huge improvement over the stock manifolds and my old flowmasters 40's. The headers are a lot louder than the stock cast iron manifiolds.
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1