News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 headliner mouldings installation

Started by fireguyfire, May 15, 2013, 10:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

Hey guys; finishing up the interior on my 68; got the headliner in, the "A" pillar mouldings are on, and all I need to do to finish is install the mouldings which cover the edge of the headliner down the sides above the side glass. There is a single hole in the front of the moulding which is obviously for a screw which goes in near the "A" pillar, but I have no idea how the rest of these mouldings are held in place? Does the rear end of this moulding go under the rear upper padded panel at the rear of the rear 1/4 glass?(it appears like it would have to by it's length)
Any help you can give in how to install these would be greatly appreciated!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

Fred

If you hit the moulding with the palm of your hand you'll find it will clip in quite easily by itself and hold.  And the end of the moulding goes under the rear upper  padded  panel. Don't forget to put a screw in next to the A pillar.
Hope this helps you.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

fireguyfire

'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent

richRTSE

Quote from: Fred on May 16, 2013, 01:53:34 AM
If you hit the moulding with the palm of your hand you'll find it will clip in quite easily by itself and hold... 

...but only if the clips haven't fallen out, otherwise you'll just hurt your hand.   :icon_smile_big: There should be 3 or 4 clips on each side I believe...

fireguyfire

Didnt know there were clips there; what do they look like?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent

richRTSE

fireguyfire

Cool; that helps alot; I know I have a bag of those!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent