News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guess why I was in court this morning!

Started by Dino, May 16, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Cooter

Congrats Dino, now Iwon't see you hangin' out at Home Depot anymore.... :rofl: :smilielol: :lol: :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Paul G

My grand parents on both sides immigrated here from Italy at the turn of the last century. My parents were first generation here. Makes me a second gen. I am very grateful for the courage and sacrifice my grandparents endured so my parents and further generations could live our lives here in the land of the free.

I firmly believe that people who have been born here generation after generation don't realize how hard it is to keep what we have. Those who have to become Americans on there own, like Dino has done, realize what it is to be an American. Freedom, liberty, and justice for all. Sounds corny but some people will never experience freedom in there lifetime. I heard story's first hand of how difficult life was in the "old country" as they would call it. We are the luckiest people on the planet, and don't realize how easily we could lose the freedoms that we have.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

cdr

DINO,that is an awesome accomplishment!!!!!!!  i am grateful for people like you that did it the correct way,proud to call you my fellow American. 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparguy01

Its about time you slacker.  :nana:

Congratulations Doc

71ChallengeHer

bull

:2thumbs: Cool, we'll take you. Now if we could just get rid of a couple hundred thousand who just walked in thinking they own the place...

Tilar

Quote from: bull on May 18, 2013, 02:12:43 PM
:2thumbs: Cool, we'll take you. Now if we could just get rid of a couple hundred thousand who just walked in thinking they own the place...

:yesnod:   :yesnod:     :yesnod:   :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

skip68

You're a Yankee now.    A real genuine 100% piece of Americana.     :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Congrats on your citizenship. It's a pretty special feeling.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

Thanks again gang!   :2thumbs:

And thank you for noticing I did this the way it's supposed to be done.  It activates a very special, and very twitchy, nerve when I see people sneak into the country and then demand citizenship.  It took me over 6 years to get here but it's the way it needs to be done. I have stacks of paperwork sitting here, you wouldn't believe your own eyes.  You want to be part of this great nation?  Follow the rules, I did.

It's good to be an American.   :cheers:

Oh and for the record.  As busy as these folks are, I have nothing for praise for the men and women of Homeland Security who guided me through the entire process with patience and courtesy.  I thought it would be important to say this as we tend to focus on the negative things around us more than anything, failing to see the good that is there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Hey I'm sure this was covered in you classes but I need to remind you, If you turn 70 or retire you MUST ether buy a condo or mobile in FLORIDA or at the very least spend WINTER here. From what I can see you must also ride around very slowly in the far left lane (The "Fast Lane") with your right blinker on, stop in traffic for no apparent reason, (At rush hour or peak traffic commute times preferably.) Find every possible opportunity to effect a "rolling road block" buy jumping up next to another slow car and matching speed forcing all traffic to pile up behind you and your wing man and sit in your car in front of stores entryways blocking everyone while your wife shops. Oh yea I almost forgot, if there are 2 couples in the car the men ride up front and the women in the backseat. I don't think it's law but many also drive with their left foot on the brake and the right on the gas, that way nobody will know if you are braking so keep that in mind if you want to "fit in" at that age.

70moparman

Welcome!  6 years in this country and you already have a 69 Charger... Ive been here for nearly 31 years and still dont have one!   :pity:  :lol:  Well, keep on rockin in the free world...  :2thumbs:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Dino on May 19, 2013, 08:43:51 AM
Thanks again gang!   :2thumbs:

And thank you for noticing I did this the way it's supposed to be done.  It activates a very special, and very twitchy, nerve when I see people sneak into the country and then demand citizenship.  It took me over 6 years to get here but it's the way it needs to be done. I have stacks of paperwork sitting here, you wouldn't believe your own eyes.  You want to be part of this great nation?  Follow the rules, I did.

Oh and for the record.  As busy as these folks are, I have nothing for praise for the men and women of Homeland Security who guided me through the entire process with patience and courtesy.  I thought it would be important to say this as we tend to focus on the negative things around us more than anything, failing to see the good that is there.

Well said.

Welcome :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: b5blue on May 19, 2013, 09:20:42 AM
 Hey I'm sure this was covered in you classes but I need to remind you, If you turn 70 or retire you MUST ether buy a condo or mobile in FLORIDA or at the very least spend WINTER here. From what I can see you must also ride around very slowly in the far left lane (The "Fast Lane") with your right blinker on, stop in traffic for no apparent reason, (At rush hour or peak traffic commute times preferably.) Find every possible opportunity to effect a "rolling road block" buy jumping up next to another slow car and matching speed forcing all traffic to pile up behind you and your wing man and sit in your car in front of stores entryways blocking everyone while your wife shops. Oh yea I almost forgot, if there are 2 couples in the car the men ride up front and the women in the backseat. I don't think it's law but many also drive with their left foot on the brake and the right on the gas, that way nobody will know if you are braking so keep that in mind if you want to "fit in" at that age.

:lol:  That same rule applies here too.  So any retirees planning a trip down under will feel right at home.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

greenpigs

Quote from: Dino on May 16, 2013, 03:33:57 PM
No I didn't rob a bank.   :icon_smile_big:

This morning, around 10:45, in the Detroit federal court room, I, along with 94 others, took the oath of allegiance and became a US citizen.  After over 6 years living in this country the end of the journey has finally arrived.   :woohoo:

Yes I did take the Charger out afterwards to roast the tires in a celebratory fashion!   :lol:

:badidea:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bakerhillpins

Congradulations Dirk  :cheers:  Welcome aboard  :2thumbs:

Grab a pail and start bailing.   :eek2:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dino on May 19, 2013, 08:43:51 AM

I wish everyone felt like you! :patriot: You're already more American than a lots of people living here.

Cooter

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 20, 2013, 08:01:14 PM
Congradulations Dirk  :cheers:  Welcome aboard  :2thumbs:

Grab a pail and start bailing.   :eek2:

Amen.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

greenpigs

I thought when you married a US citizen you became one, or did you and M not get married?

Just going off what a former boss from Cuba told me.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Dino

Thanks again everyone.  It's been a week but I'm still celebrating!   :icon_smile_big:

Green, if you marry a US citizen, and yes M and I did get married, you receive a visa to stay in the country and an oppertunity to aplly for permanent resident, which I did.  At that time you can also apply for a work permit and that part sounds easy since you need to start paying taxes when you work but it took almost 8 months until I was able to finally get a job.  My permanent resident card, or green card, came in the mail about 2 years later and tons of paperwork, interviews and all that fun stuff.

When you have been married to a citizen for 3 years then you can aplly to become a citizen.

It's not a hard process but it is time consuming and can get stressful.  The amount of papers you need to submit to Homeland security is insane!

I'm glad this journey is over and I can finally vote!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

resq302

Quote from: skip68 on May 24, 2013, 11:48:04 AM
Dino, where did you come from? 

His mom.   I know I came from my mom.  How about you skip?  :nana:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto