News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well, it happened. Again. The Saga Continues!

Started by bill440rt, May 14, 2013, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on May 15, 2013, 04:59:50 PM
Even if the general public doesn't know what it is they know what looks good. That is the compliment.

Quote from: Budnicks on May 15, 2013, 04:48:48 PM
:2thumbs: At least they are saying it's nice !!!!

A couple of good points.  :2thumbs:   Just enjoy the compliment

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Patronus

Quote from: Dino on May 15, 2013, 07:38:20 AM
I had a guy arguing with me last week.  He's looking at my car in the parking lot and says nice Challenger.  I say it's a Charger and he's oh no, I know them well....

I walked away, I don't have any patience for these dumbasses.  You could read the damn emblem on the grille from where we were standing.

I just give them the "stare" ..seems ever since I can remember I have this Clintesque stare where I just look through you. Usually after an uncomfortable amount of silence I generally turn my head and spit. That usually sends em packing.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Fred

Quote from: Patronus on May 15, 2013, 10:49:13 PM
Quote from: Dino on May 15, 2013, 07:38:20 AM
I had a guy arguing with me last week.  He's looking at my car in the parking lot and says nice Challenger.  I say it's a Charger and he's oh no, I know them well....

I walked away, I don't have any patience for these dumbasses.  You could read the damn emblem on the grille from where we were standing.

I just give them the "stare" ..seems ever since I can remember I have this Clintesque stare where I just look through you. Usually after an uncomfortable amount of silence I generally turn my head and spit. That usually sends em packing.

I don't think we have as many dumbasses in this country.  :icon_smile_big: Or else I just haven't come across them. I've never had my charger called anything but a charger.
No offence.

lloyd3

In theory, I'm going to be going to school to pick up my 9-year old son next Monday in a car that I haven't driven in almost 5-years.  Considering what it has taken (in time, money and sweat) to get the car to this point, if a mom tells me it's a nice Cougar, I'll still be in a good place.

Fred

Quote from: lloyd3 on May 16, 2013, 10:29:44 PM
In theory, I'm going to be going to school to pick up my 9-year old son next Monday in a car that I haven't driven in almost 5-years.  Considering what it has taken (in time, money and sweat) to get the car to this point, if a mom tells me it's a nice Cougar, I'll still be in a good place.

Enjoy the ride.  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Quote from: lloyd3 on May 16, 2013, 10:29:44 PM

Let's hope you can tell her she's a nice Cougar, too!  :drool5:   :icon_smile_wink:  :lol:

Enjoy every minute of it, the look on my son's face was priceless!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

GOTWING

quote, " Charger , Challenger there all the same"  :lol:

quote from a clown at my work while looking at a superbird on my calander " why would they put a corvette front end on that "

I had a family member say while watching the newest Starsky and Hutch movie with me, "isnt that the same kind of car in the dukes of hazzard?"  :lol:

While at a small hometown car show, "There is no way your superbird is a real one" oh really, well here it sits. :slap:

Dino

Yesterday afternoon, I was at the car wash and this guy comes over for a chat.  We talk for about 5 minutes about all sorts of cars when all of a sudden he stops and asks me why my Roadrunner has Charger emblems...I kid you not...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Of course, NONE of you even thought that many in the public TRY VERY HARD to do this vewry thing to see how many of you will act all pompus and arrogant and NOT laugh and say "thank You"...I have seen this with the General Lee happen. They call it a Camaro, Cougar, whatever just to get a rise. It really hurts their feelings when it doesn't.

When at a car show I simply ask to see THEIR car. Then whatever it is, ESPECIALLY if it's a FORD, I'll call it a nice Camaro just for payback.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PlainfieldCharger

Usually not an issue with me when a female notices anything about my cars...and gets it wrong, it when the dudes do :shruggy:

68CoronetRT

People tell me I have a "Sweet 68 Charger"... even though it's clearly a Coronet. I just take it with stride.  :hah:

ACUDANUT

I have had people tell me that the Coronets and Chargers are the same thing, except taillights and grill. Errrr

ws23rt

They had the same mom but different dads. The question is who did mom like best?

ACUDANUT

Well imo, the RR and coronets share more in common, vs a Charger and a Coronet.

ws23rt

I miss the plymouth brand name. The rr/gtx do share much with the coronet. But B body is B body. Charger wins in the body lines measure for me.

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on May 17, 2013, 09:36:00 PM
I miss the plymouth brand name. The rr/gtx do share much with the coronet. But B body is B body. Charger wins in the body lines measure for me.

May I second that?

71ChallengeHer

I always get nice Charger   :shruggy:  at least they call it a Dodge.   :icon_smile_question:     

Cooter

Challenger/Cuda= Nice '69 Camaro...

'68-'70 B-body= Nice charger/Roadrunner My Dad had one back in 1966 when they were new.

'68-'70 Charger = So, When you gonna finish putting on the "01" and flag????
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

My charger just got mistaken for a "nova" of unknown model year, i can't think of a single nova that looks anything like a charger  :scratchchin: but, the kid was convinced (was about my age)

archie360

I'm waiting for the day when somebody tell's me it's not a Charger cause it only has two doors  :laugh:
1971 SE 383HP     1972 Rallye 340

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: archie360 on May 19, 2013, 09:40:15 PM
I'm waiting for the day when somebody tell's me it's not a Charger cause it only has two doors  :laugh:

Oh God... the modern chargers sicken me, im ashamed that they are built in my city, everyday i see truckloads of them being shipped out  :rotz:

472 R/T SE

My favorite is the one's that know better that try & show their superior knowledge by asking if it's real.

I usually respond with, "Touch it, does it feel real?".   ;)

Fred

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 19, 2013, 09:50:31 PM
Quote from: archie360 on May 19, 2013, 09:40:15 PM

Oh God... the modern chargers sicken me, im ashamed that they are built in my city, everyday i see truckloads of them being shipped out  :rotz:

Is that because you have them aplenty over there? We (as say we as I don't think I'm alone) over here on the other hand can't wait to see them land on our shores. If it happens, I'm considering one as a daily driver. Of course they'll come with a ridiculous price tag but one I'm sure a lot of Aussies will be happy to pay.
I'd love to see an old and a new charger standing side by side in my garage.

tan top

she said it looks like camero eh , maybe she some relation to who ever built the car below  ;D

Quote from: VegasCharger on May 15, 2013, 03:58:51 AM
Well let's see Bill:

1st pic your car, 2nd pic what she claimed what your car was.

Not even close  :brickwall:

:scratchchin:   ;) :lol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter