News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well, it happened. Again. The Saga Continues!

Started by bill440rt, May 14, 2013, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

So, yesterday I decided to be a nice dad and surprised my son who's in 2nd grade, and picked him up from school with my '68 (he refers to it as the "hot rod").

I rolled up to the school, parked down just a bit away from any crowds.
Locked up the car, and started walking up to his school. I walked past a few parked cars with parents ready to pick up their kids.

As I passed one car, a woman in her upper 50's/early '60's rolls her window down.

And then it happened. "Nice Camaro!!"    Her:  :o  :drool5:        Me:  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  :rofl:

I just chuckled a bit, said "Why, thank you!", and kept going. That was my laugh for the day.  :lol:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

marshallfry01

Everybody loves those Chevy chargers. 68 was the best year for them!!  :smilielol:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Fred

What can I say.  Oh yeah..........I think I've got the wrong badges on my car.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

JB400

Can't educate everyone even if they did graduate school. :brickwall:

twodko

You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

stripedelete

It could have been worse.  She could have stopped and told you about the 65 Challenger with a 396 that she used to have.

Rosco

Haha, some people just don't know classic cars very well I guess...  :shruggy:

My neighbour for example, "I see you bought a Mustang! It'll be really good when its finished!"

"Yeah, it'll be so good it won't even be a Ford!  :D :lol:

Quote from: Fred on May 14, 2013, 10:29:33 PM
What can I say.  Oh yeah..........I think I've got the wrong badges on my car.  :icon_smile_big:

Just made me think of all the old Holden One-Tonners, Monaros, Toranas etc... and a lot of new Holden's for that matter, plastered with Chevy badges!
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

vick79

ive had people ask if my '00 Viper gts is the "new corvette"... i just say 'yes'
'70 Charger RT

1974dodgecharger

think there was a thread somewhere about the funniest comments its like 5 pages long funny stuff.....same stories as this one bill hahhaa....always laugh.

VegasCharger

Well let's see Bill:

1st pic your car, 2nd pic what she claimed what your car was.

Not even close  :brickwall:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: VegasCharger on May 15, 2013, 03:58:51 AM
Well let's see Bill:

1st pic your car, 2nd pic what she claimed what your car was.

Not even close  :brickwall:

Now get seriously drunk, lose all interest in cars, look at the pictures again and see if you can tell the difference. The average motorist can't  :rotz:

On a side note, i wonder if camaro owners get their cars mistaken for chargers?  :scratchchin:

RIDELIKEHELL

I keep getting the "nice Challenger"
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

remta1

they both look the same to me ...oh hold on ive got my eyes closed :smilielol:

Dodge Don

I keep meaning to do the same thing one day and pick up my kids in the Charger. Their school principal (a woman) is some kind of gear head...she keeps bugging my wife to get me to bring the car to school so she can see it. The school year is closing fast so maybe I can work it in before they are out for summer...hard since I'm at work all day.

Turns out one of my sons friends father has a classic Mustang he just got so I may see him at the local cruise nights this year.

Dino

I had a guy arguing with me last week.  He's looking at my car in the parking lot and says nice Challenger.  I say it's a Charger and he's oh no, I know them well....

I walked away, I don't have any patience for these dumbasses.  You could read the damn emblem on the grille from where we were standing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

41husk

I get asked how I got the camaro front end on my Daytona
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Cooter

So.......I guess it woulda been better if she had said "So, When you gonna paint it orange?"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

projectanimal

That's very funny and Sad.....I had a co-worker who practically wanted to throw down after I corrected him that the General Lee was not a challenger....   

Bill I think you have one of the most beautiful 4-4-2's...!!!!     :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
northwest CT

1974dodgecharger

Put a 1 and flag on that camaro and boy........

bill440rt

The whole incident (all 5 seconds of it), actually just made me chuckle. I didn't think anything of it than just a lady trying to pass a compliment, whether she knew what kind of car it was or not. That's why I merely just said "thank you" and moved on. The fact that she called it a Camaro is what made me laugh.
Big difference than some belligerent, argumentative, know it all a$$wipe ("No, that's a Challenger, I used to have one!") LOL

Share your funny stories, some of these are great!  :lol:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: vick79 on May 15, 2013, 02:29:38 AM
ive had people ask if my '00 Viper gts is the "new corvette"... i just say 'yes'

Thats funny, great idea.. :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:

Budnicks

:2thumbs: At least they are saying it's nice !!!!
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

ws23rt

Even if the general public doesn't know what it is they know what looks good. That is the compliment.