News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

no engine number ? what the

Started by fy469rtse, May 14, 2013, 12:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

my engine is a casting date 1-13-66 , Has no pad for engine number , casting confirms 60's early casting, has c 440 hp stamped on top pad with several other stamping for bearings and such.
australian guys on here might have an opinion on this , how will i get this registered with no engine number , would vic roads believe me on this ? no matter  how much reading material i took in with me , any one with early dodge or charger here with similar year problem and how did it go ?

charger Downunder

Dont open up a can of worms just stamp your vin number and the two letters before and be done with it.
[/quote]

fy469rtse

Thanks for replying , I was thinking of doing just that , next question , ? Where, as it has no pad on bottom rail ,
? On the back part surface or try to fit it on the front upper pad

charger Downunder

You will just have to find some place to put it.
[/quote]

Gazza.fox440

My 68 R/T engine number is 440HP on rego certificate in S.A. as there isnt an engine number. Regency Park here were happy with that "Believe it or not" lol
2 down 1 to go... 70 Challenger please babe for Xmas

maxwellwedge

Lots of legal info written on the mandate starting in '68 for VIN stamps.....will that fly?

john108

I have a '68 Dodge Charger R/T.
It was built 12-5-1967.
There is no pad on the side of the engine.
On the back of the engine, on top of the flange that attaches to the transmission, they stamped the last 8 digits of the VIN Number.
The transmission has the same stamped 8 digits on top of its mating flange to the engine.
I don't believe you can see it when assembled in the car.
I have my engine and transmission out of the car.
-John

fy469rtse

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 14, 2013, 08:11:56 AM
Lots of legal info written on the mandate starting in '68 for VIN stamps.....will that fly?
no, already been in to see them regarding registering this car, no import papers, long term resident of australia, i have been sitting on it waiting for company's like amd to catch up so it could be restored, touched on the subject of engine number and they were not impressed, thats why i posted on here hoping aussie guys with experiance would reply, and you did guys , thanks again