News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi timing chain covers and water pump housing?

Started by hemi68charger, February 23, 2006, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey again,,
Heard on my previous thread on the hemi distributor holddown that the timing chain cover and water pump housing are different on a 426 hemi than a 440 hp. Anyone have thoughts and/pics of this? I test fitted my original hemi dampner and timing chain cover I have and the gap between the dampner and timing scale look not much different, if any, compared to my 69 440 hp in my C500....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

John_Kunkel

The chain cover is the same for Hemi and all big blocks.
On a year-for-year basis, the water pump housing is he same for the Hemi and any other non-A/C big block.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemigeno

I agree with John. 

I found a thread a few months back on the Moparts.com A12 forum where they were talking about water pump housings.  There were a couple of links to some old newsletter articles about Hemi water pump housings, etc.  They mention where the engine plant had to grind a little on the underneath side of the WP housing.  Most of the really good info is in the attachments posted to that thread.

Water Pump Housing Thread

This'll probably do the trick for you, Troy.

:cheers: