News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So a guy demanding change assaulted me outside a movie theater....

Started by Drache, May 13, 2013, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So I went out to see Iron Man 3. Pretty good. After leaving the theater though I was stopped by a man wanting change. Demanding change actually. He actually put his hand to my chest and pushed me back when I said I didn't have change for him and tried to walk past. So I did the only thing I could. I took a quarter out of my pocket and told him if he called it, he could have it. When I flicked it into the air the guy tried to push me with his left hand while reaching for the coin with his right hand. So I grabbed his right wrist with my left hand, grabbed his left shoulder with my right hand, stuck my right leg behind his, then just flipped him backwards over my hip and down onto the sidewalk. I did this fast enough that he beat the quarter to the sidewalk. A witness came along and I told him I was going home because I was tired. I gave the witness my phone number and address in case anyone called the RCMP, although the other couple witnesses were laughing. I left the guy there with the quarter lying beside him. Granted now I can't sleep....

If you can't seem to visualize what happened, in essence I did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfafSYYEbWE

Only difference is I threw a little more hip into and and used my upper body to pretty much slam him down onto the sidewalk and ended with my knee to his chin. Who says training doesn't come in handy?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mrsskip68

Good on ya! As soon as he violated your space and put his hand on you,.......IT'S GAME ON TIME! You didnt know if he had a weapon or if he was possibly on psychotic drugs. Sad times we live in. I applaud you!  :2thumbs:

68X426

Outstanding. You made the end of my Mothers Day a happy one.  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

b5blue

You have the right to stand your ground. Sounds like he will think things over next time. I had to react to an over aggressive jerk at the end of the last Batman movie myself.  :2thumbs:

F8-4life

Ram07

What get ya get for 25 cents... :shruggy:

Good for you, hope it was worth it for him!

JB400

Sad world we live in now a days. :icon_smile_dissapprove:  Unfortunately, we have to take actions like what you did every once in a while. :cheers:

RECHRGD

Quote from: b5blue on May 13, 2013, 06:17:17 AM
You have the right to stand your ground. Sounds like he will think things over next time. I had to react to an over aggressive jerk at the end of the last Batman movie myself.  :2thumbs:

Jerks like that never learn.  But he may switch to stealing change from women and small children for awhile....
13.53 @ 105.32

Drache

I've given lots of change to "needy" people. But it's only if I get a good "vibe" from them. This guy just irked me from the moment I first spotted him. The first shove was free and I was willing to give him that quarter no matter what he called just to calm things down. The second time he went to shove me I just reacted.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ram07

Glad he picked on you,  he was put in his place...hopefully stop him from being pushy in the future!

You were nice...walked away when he was down, and let him keep the quarter.. :icon_smile_big:

Fun fact....I've never seen a beggar (bum) asking for spare change...just sayin'

Drache

Quote from: Ram07 on May 13, 2013, 10:26:11 AM
Fun fact....I've never seen a beggar (bum) asking for spare change...just sayin'

Isn't that what the term "beggar" (bum) means? To beg for money :p

Around this town, we have way too many. You'd be lucky to get through a day without being asked for change at least once. If you're walking of course, if you're driving they just ask to kiss the hood of your car (true story, a bum asked to kiss the hood of my Dart cause he liked it so much).
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ram07

JB400

Most of the beggars in my area are just the charity workers.  Otherwise, most of the actual poor people  just scrounge the parking lots and the car washes looking for change.

Dave Kanofsky

Did you stay until the VERY end of the credits and see the little part at the end of the movie?

"I'm not that kind of doctor..."

As for beggars, in Chicago it is a profession, but this one sounds too pushy, he's lucky you showed restraint.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Ram07

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 13, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
Most of the beggars in my area are just the charity workers.  Otherwise, most of the actual poor people  just scrounge the parking lots and the car washes looking for change.

Or cigarette butts...seen that... :yesnod:

Drache

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 13, 2013, 11:10:10 AM
Did you stay until the VERY end of the credits and see the little part at the end of the movie?

"I'm not that kind of doctor..."

Only me and one other guy did and even then I think I was the only one to know who the Doctor actually was :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ram07

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Old Moparz

Drache, did you know the fight was recorded & put on youtube?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1-X7IZLtM

You can dance like Ali.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

bums over here ask numerous people for change so they can catch the bus/train.  then when they have enough make strait for the local pub. they don't get pushy though ,good on you for putting him in his place :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BIGBLCK11

Good on your part!

Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2013, 01:54:22 PM
This was my friend's reply when he heard this: