News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger from Italy

Started by pippo702, May 11, 2013, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generalkiwi

What was the name of the orange paint you used on this one mate ?

kiwi
I'm a Kiwi from New Zealand

JB400

Quote from: Generalkiwi on September 13, 2013, 01:30:11 PM

kiwi
I believe he said it was Hemi orange.

F8-4life

I didn't go over the thread but just seeing the "before" pictures I have to say this is inspiring!
Finally a charger rustier then mine being saved, shows they are never to far gone!

Generalkiwi

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 13, 2013, 01:40:53 PM

kiwi
I believe he said it was Hemi orange.

Thanks mate, I've been researching colours for the last 3 days, I think I've settled on hemi orange also, I want that really deep orange look with shades of red in certain light. It appears hemi orange is the best one for that so I have read.

Kiwi

pippo702

kiwi

Yep,hemi orange indeed! I got a lot info on codes on paintref.com

Finn

Wow, stupendous work in a short amount of time!  :cheers: :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 11, 2013, 11:44:49 AM
Quote from: pippo702 on August 11, 2013, 09:37:09 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 10, 2013, 09:21:34 AM
That 383 engine is better than a 400 anyway.  :Twocents:

Really? I thought that 400s were better to build a stroker with them..
Same block, different bore.  Considering that most want a 440, either one can be had very reasonable.

No, the 400 is a better candidate due to heavy duty main web design and of course 400 has a larger bore size.

pippo702

Here I am again..we took care of smaller things while we were waiting for the engine to be ready..
yesterday I've been send a pic from the guy who's assembling it and it looks nice so far... :-)

let's hope it'll be running as it shine!

We got a treatment for the car floors..it doesn't look great but it's useful..especially during the winter..

Yesterday I went to the shop and I got this surprise:

they fixed the grille..I was very concearned about it...it was broken in many places but they were almost all there..it's not perfect,you can see the little screws on nthe back but I believe that once it'll be mounted on the car you wont notice them so much..it's suppouse to be dark inside..
Anyway,what do you think about the grille really?

Dino

Your car is receiving bucket loads of love, that much is obvious.  What will also be obvious, unfortunately, is the screws in the grille.  I'm sorry my friend, but you'll be able to see that from a mile away.  You may want to redo it at some point.  

If however that is not an option then paint the inside of the grille flat black and run a black mesh over the inside of the center grille gills to cover them even more.

Also, because of the repairs, the gills are not uniform in thickness so take a fine line tape and stick it so that you cover the original thickness and paint the rest black.  It'll look much better.  I'm still all for a do-over though.  Fixing a grille is not that hard and it is not done with screws...ever.

Your car will be awesome when done and people will be going over it with a fine tooth comb.  Guess which part is the focal point of the car.  Yeah...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Baldwinvette77

Everything is looking awesome, i cant wait ti'll its done, so i can compare the Before and After pics!  :rofl:

tan top

:2thumbs:  nice work !! looking good  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

pippo702

Thanks for the advice and the sincerity.. I'll try to paint black and see how it'll looks

Just 6T9 CHGR

While you are at it paint the radiator yoke black (as the factory did) as well so as not to see body color through the grill :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

pippo702

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 30, 2013, 04:00:53 PM
While you are at it paint the radiator yoke black (as the factory did) as well so as not to see body color through the grill :Twocents:

this is another god tip! Thanks..

pippo702

Here is another problem..The quarter extensions don't fit the quarter panels profile..

pippo702

Since I bought the extensions from another member of this forum I just want to clarify that even the old ones don't fit..it's definitely an issue with the quarter panel!

Dino

The repro quarters are always off.  I'd probably put a weld bead on the extensions to match it to the quarter but I'd have to play with it before I make that call.

MSRacing89

Or just attach and fill in!  A nice clean line there won't hurt anything.  We filled all that stuff in back there when we built Mr. Angry back in the day.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Dino

Quote from: MSRacing89 on November 01, 2013, 11:12:26 AM
Or just attach and fill in!  A nice clean line there won't hurt anything.  We filled all that stuff in back there when we built Mr. Angry back in the day.

I always wondered why the extensions?  If I would decide to make some custom tweaks on the body, that would definitely be an option.  No need for a seem there anyway.

pippo702

Quote from: MSRacing89 on November 01, 2013, 11:12:26 AM

Done! I'll show pics next time..

pippo702

pippo702

Fred

Excellent job pippo. really coming along.   :2thumbs:

Do I see a hole in the left front guard?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Generalkiwi

Looking good mate! , keep the pics coming please!  :2thumbs:

Mike