News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger from Italy

Started by pippo702, May 11, 2013, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

That 383 engine is better than a 400 anyway.  :Twocents:

pippo702

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 10, 2013, 09:21:34 AM

Really? I thought that 400s were better to build a stroker with them..

pippo702

Quote from: billfury on August 09, 2013, 07:23:09 AM
I can't believe that's the same car. Goes to show, you can save pretty much save any car if the talent & funds are there. Congrats on a project well done. I hope it works out with the motor.

Funds mostly!  :'( About the talent,i'm still worried about the measurements of the frame.. hope it is really straight..we took all the measurements needed but we don't have the right tools for a car like this..

pippo702

Painted..now the auto body shop will be closed two weeks for summer vacations..

Baldwinvette77

JB400

Quote from: pippo702 on August 11, 2013, 09:37:09 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 10, 2013, 09:21:34 AM

Really? I thought that 400s were better to build a stroker with them..
Same block, different bore.  Considering that most want a 440, either one can be had very reasonable.

six-tee-nine

Hey Pippo,

Where did you get your AMD sheetmetal? Wich vendor?
I'm in Belgium and need sheetmetal but I'm looking for a vendor wich will do overseas shipping.

Btw Shipping cost is probably going to be horrible isnt it?

PS you guys did a helluva job in such short time...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Generalkiwi

Looking great, can't wait to see more pics!!  :popcrn:
I'm a Kiwi from New Zealand

fy469rtse

Great job, considering what you started with and where you have car , fantastic job, 383 or 400 stroked make a great engine, 400's are usually picked for strength, inner webbing or key way area of block thicker, bigger bore than a 440 stock, great for making a foot pound monster, either of these engines are going to be great in that car ,

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

kokxville

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 12, 2013, 05:11:02 AM
Hey Pippo,

I'm in Belgium and need sheetmetal but I'm looking for a vendor wich will do overseas shipping.

You have your car for sale,so why want to order new sheetmetal for it. :shruggy:

Looks great Pippo.  :drool5:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

six-tee-nine

It is, but I want to gauge the interest since I dont know what to expect.
I dont need to sell at all and if I dont get seroius reactions or offers within say a month then I'll move further with the project wich would be buying new sheetmetal to replace the panels that went "missing" from my last order....

I hope I justified myself enough? So before we hijack this threat any further I'm glad to contiunue this conversation trough PMs wich we can even do in Dutch if we want

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

kokxville

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 12, 2013, 02:46:23 PM
It is, but I want to gauge the interest since I dont know what to expect.
I dont need to sell at all and if I dont get seroius reactions or offers within say a month then I'll move further with the project wich would be buying new sheetmetal to replace the panels that went "missing" from my last order....

I hope I justified myself enough? So before we hijack this threat any further I'm glad to contiunue this conversation trough PMs wich we can even do in Dutch if we want
I'm sorry man,didn't mean anything bad with it. :-\
I was just curious.You don't have to justify yourself at all to me.

You can always shoot me a pm  :yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

pippo702

Quote from: fy469rtse on August 12, 2013, 07:05:40 AM
Great job, considering what you started with and where you have car , fantastic job, 383 or 400 stroked make a great engine, 400's are usually picked for strength, inner webbing or key way area of block thicker, bigger bore than a 440 stock, great for making a foot pound monster, either of these engines are going to be great in that car ,

Thank you very much!

spiderjason

I've been to Italy!!  Love the Country!!!  That is going to be an amazing car to drive in Europe!!!  Good luck!!!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on August 12, 2013, 07:05:40 AM

was going to say something similar to that that the 400 is a stronger block than the 440 and 330.  Even though its considered a 'emissions' engine, but built tougher.

pippo702

Hey Pippo,

Hi six tee nine..well,many of on line seller do the international shipment..in my case we just arrange to get the bigger metal parts(like rear quarter,floors and frame rails) in the car when we shipped it here in Italy to save on shipment and taxes..I don't know up  there in Belgium, but here in Italy custom taxes are very high..21% on total (goods value plus shipment costs)..I made an order for 1500$ two months ago and I had to pay 400€ here for taxes and fees!!!

Try to restore you car instead of selling it.. :-)

MaximRecoil

I love restoration threads like this. Great to see a Charger being brought back to life.

Was the Dukes of Hazzard a popular show in Italy? Were there subtitles or was it dubbed?

six-tee-nine

Quote from: pippo702 on August 21, 2013, 01:59:30 PM
Hey Pippo,

Hi six tee nine..well,many of on line seller do the international shipment..in my case we just arrange to get the bigger metal parts(like rear quarter,floors and frame rails) in the car when we shipped it here in Italy to save on shipment and taxes..I don't know up  there in Belgium, but here in Italy custom taxes are very high..21% on total (goods value plus shipment costs)..I made an order for 1500$ two months ago and I had to pay 400€ here for taxes and fees!!!

Try to restore you car instead of selling it.. :-)

Pippo,
I actualy had the car for sale for a week only to realize that that was the last thing i want. I had a period that i wad kinda down about the project. But I am back at it now.
I'm pretty sure that once the car is painted again I wont look back anymore.
BTW, we also pay 21% tax fees over here so I know what boat you are in....

pippo702

Quote from: MaximRecoil on August 21, 2013, 09:36:00 PM
I love restoration threads like this. Great to see a Charger being brought back to life.

Was the Dukes of Hazzard a popular show in Italy? Were there subtitles or was it dubbed?

Thanks! Yes,it was very popular..it used to be run a couple of years later than in U.S...I was born in 1980 and I started to watch it at age 5..along with Knight Rider (here converted to Supercar while Dukes of Hazzard was simply Hazzard)...
It was dubbed and they also made an Italian verson of the theme song ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GpicvTAHk4 ) wich I kinda like it yet even if now I don't like to wacth movies dubbed..

pippo702

Quote from: spiderjason on August 19, 2013, 04:21:24 PM
I've been to Italy!!  Love the Country!!!  That is going to be an amazing car to drive in Europe!!!  Good luck!!!

Come again! I'll buy you a drink!  :cheers:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: pippo702 on August 23, 2013, 09:29:31 PM

Thanks! Yes,it was very popular..it used to be run a couple of years later than in U.S...I was born in 1980 and I started to watch it at age 5..along with Knight Rider (here converted to Supercar while Dukes of Hazzard was simply Hazzard)...
It was dubbed and they also made an Italian verson of the theme song ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GpicvTAHk4 ) wich I kinda like it yet even if now I don't like to wacth movies dubbed..

Wow, that Italian version of the theme song is bizarre. Thanks for the link.

I was born in '75 and first watched it in '79 during its first season. I instantly thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. I tried to get Dad to paint his '71 Ford Galaxie 2-door like the General Lee so we could go take jumps with it.

Generalkiwi

Hey Pippo

The very first picture of your car on the first page of this thread is of the car on the back of the truck and looking side on at it, may i ask please as to the exact specs of the Vector rims and the size of the tires that you have there on the car?

I really like the way the car sits and the size of the rims and tires in proportion to the car, i know there are a few different sizes and flavours of the vector rims out there and i really like the ones you have on the car in that photo, i would like to get a set for my future charger as i plan on it being a GL clone also and i want it to look just right  :2thumbs:

Cheers mate and i appreciate it if you can give me that info.

Kiwi

pippo702

Yes,of course I will.. but I'll send you a private message.. I don't know if I can say here where I got the rims..don't want to advertise..

Generalkiwi

Quote from: pippo702 on September 11, 2013, 08:03:17 AM
Yes,of course I will.. but I'll send you a private message.. I don't know if I can say here where I got the rims..don't want to advertise..

ok thanks mate, that would be great!  :2thumbs: