News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carb problem?

Started by RECHRGD, May 07, 2013, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Quote from: A383Wing on May 11, 2013, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: Voss on May 11, 2013, 03:33:36 AM

You can use a small screw driver or a piece of welding wire to press back the tab.  Replacing the terminal and do a correct crimp is another story. To crimp these you need a special tool. I have tried a few standard tools but the small tabs just seems to "thick" to be easily crimped. The female connector is ok, but the male terminal is a pain.

yea..I have purchased the correct crimping tool for these T56 terminals....it's what I use to build my upgraded relay set harness's for the 66-67 Chargers

Your not kidding, it's a pain without the right crimper.  I went through four terminals before getting a good crimp on one.  I looks like the terminal was never crimped well.  I'm just lucky it came out when battling the connector, otherwise I never would have found it.  I cleaned up all the terminals, put some dialectic grease on them and went for a drive in 90 degree weather.  After about a 45 minute drive in traffic there was no hiccups at all!  So far so good.  Thanks for all the help guys :2thumbs:

13.53 @ 105.32

Budnicks

Budnicks
Quote from: A383Wing on May 11, 2013, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: Voss on May 11, 2013, 03:33:36 AM

You can use a small screw driver or a piece of welding wire to press back the tab.  Replacing the terminal and do a correct crimp is another story. To crimp these you need a special tool. I have tried a few standard tools but the small tabs just seems to "thick" to be easily crimped. The female connector is ok, but the male terminal is a pain.

yea..I have purchased the correct crimping tool for these T56 terminals....it's what I use to build my upgraded relay set harness's for the 66-67 Chargers

Your not kidding, it's a pain without the right crimper.  I went through four terminals before getting a good crimp on one.  I looks like the terminal was never crimped well.  I'm just lucky it came out when battling the connector, otherwise I never would have found it.  I cleaned up all the terminals, put some dialectic grease on them and went for a drive in 90 degree weather.  After about a 45 minute drive in traffic there was no hiccups at all!  So far so good.  Thanks for all the help guys :2thumbs:

Congrats !!
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks