News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 4 Spd Clutch Pedal Spring

Started by SwiftJonny, May 13, 2013, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwiftJonny

So I pulled out my gauges for my re-wiring project and found this.  Looks like the owner before me used a bolt and some random springs for the clutch pedal.  I was wondering why pressing the clutch sounded like a screen door opening.  How is this supposed to be done?
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 Speed
Racing Green Metallic

AKcharger

It's supposed to have a big spring inside the peddle assembly. if you look at the below picture it's the spring just to the right of the pistol grip shifter. FYI, I don't run it in my car

SwiftJonny

Ok, I guess I wondering that if I do need it, where does each end of the spring connect?
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 Speed
Racing Green Metallic

toocheaptosmoke

Here's a picture of that spring right after it broke on me.  :lol:  It is held by a pin back near the firewall and hooks onto the clutch pedal at the stud on the left side.   I'm going to try running without mine, but I'm a bit worried that not having any pedal retention will cause it ride on the throw out bearing and wear it out.  Might end up with a screen door spring thing like you have, or replace the original spring.