News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger R/T on Counting Cars May 7th

Started by Mopar Nut, May 08, 2013, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Did anyone see the 69 Charger last night? He paid $20,000 grand for it, then sold it for $73,000.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Yep I almost fell over when the buyer asked if they were able to stay under $80K...

Sure looked good but that airbrush paintjob would have to go.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

surmanajaja

just another example that there is no reality in "reality shows". I think its the same in all these shows. fast n loud, texas car wars and whatever. the buyers arent real or they certainly dont pay the sums mentioned in shows.

ACUDANUT

That guy got ripped off, Paying 73K for a Charger with a stupid air brush painting on the hood.   Did anyone see the episode when they sold a 73/74 sea bring for 35K.  What a Joke.

Cooter

And we wonder why we see a Charger sitting rotting away in somone's yard and they refuse to sell it. It's shows like this that has them thinking they are sitting on a fortune, and when someone offers "Real world" money for their "roach" of a Charger, they tend to get pissed off.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Cooter on May 08, 2013, 11:29:41 AM
And we wonder why we see a Charger sitting rotting away in somone's yard and they refuse to sell it. It's shows like this that has them thinking they are sitting on a fortune, and when someone offers "Real world" money for their "roach" of a Charger, they tend to get pissed off.

:2thumbs:
well said

duanesterrr

Quote from: surmanajaja on May 08, 2013, 11:23:14 AM
just another example that there is no reality in "reality shows". I think its the same in all these shows. fast n loud, texas car wars and whatever. the buyers arent real or they certainly dont pay the sums mentioned in shows.

Let's not forget the dollars the "stars" make per episode.  Im sure if the cameras were not rolling most of the "stars" of these shows would be in line at the soup kitchen after their 3rd bankruptcy.

ACUDANUT

what does that have to do with "counting cars" overpriced junk people buy.

Cooter

See the REAL trouble with these type shows (I am guilty myself) is for us they are like a really bad Car wreck. No matter how much we know we shouldn't watch, we do anyway. THAT is why these shows will never leave the air waves. Too many think they too can be a millionaire by buying and flipping Musclecars. Well, that is until they find out the ones they are trying to buy from want all the profit margin.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 08, 2013, 11:57:02 AM
what does that have to do with "counting cars" overpriced junk people buy.

Cause if people weren't enamered with seeing rich dumbasses getting hosed on TV, the stars would be out of a job.

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

68 RT

Quote from: Cooter on May 08, 2013, 11:29:41 AM

Very well said  :cheers:

Homerr

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 08, 2013, 11:28:02 AM
That guy got ripped off, Paying 73K for a Charger with a stupid air brush painting on the hood.   Did anyone see the episode when they sold a 73/74 sea bring for 35K.  What a Joke.

I thought that old couple must have called up the 'Count' and said, "let's do a scene where we buy a car from you on the street.  We'll pay $35k for a $15k car for the privilege of being on TV."

ACUDANUT

35K for a 73/74 Sea Bring.  Are you F-ing kidding me.

nh_mopar_fan

At times, I can't say that I'm thrilled with everything they do, but I'll take Overhaulin over most of these shows.

Yeah, it drives me nuts when they toss out a number matching motor but at least there is none of this fake, "we're running out of time on our artibtrary deadline we pulled out of our ass, what are we going to dooooooooooooooooo..." drama that most of these other shows have.

EMF

Does anyone offer money for the cars they find or are they just asking & get upset when they don't want to sell? People should be able to pass on selling w/o giving a so called explanation even if it means the car rots into the ground, go on to the next. By the way whats the "real world, roach" price for a charger these days? Sellers want the most & buyers want to pay the least. Some get restored(most don't), some are life projects, some get parted & some rot into the ground.

NHCharger

Quote from: duanesterrr on May 08, 2013, 11:46:06 AM
Let's not forget the dollars the "stars" make per episode.  Im sure if the cameras were not rolling most of the "stars" of these shows would be in line at the soup kitchen after their 3rd bankruptcy.

Actually, the "Count" is a self made millionaire. Has a pretty impressive stable of cars, owns a bar called Vamps, part owner of a TV station, gorgeous wife. Livin' the dream.
I read somewhere that Richard Rollins, owner of Gas Monkey makes 160k per episode.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Cooter

Quote from: EMF on May 09, 2013, 05:53:40 PM
Does anyone offer money for the cars they find or are they just asking & get upset when they don't want to sell?
Actually, it REALLY pisses some folks off when money is flashed in their faces as if that's supposed to "Force" them to sell or something. Like the saying that ALWAYS comes out of someone's mouth when looking to buy a car...."How bout cash money?" Like I'm gonna take a check, or knock off so much becasue you had the balls to ask?. WTF? Many times, the "Flash cash" is NOWHERE NEAR that you see the "Count" flashing folks for their rides. I can state truthfully RIGHT NOW, if dude came up to me and offered COLD HARD CASH in the realm of say $15-20K for my General Lee, I'd ask if he wanted it waxed before he drives it away....

People should be able to pass on selling w/o giving a so called explanation even if it means the car rots into the ground, go on to the next. By the way whats the "real world, roach" price for a charger these days? That all depends on who is selling and who is buying. Some might pay $15K for a "Roach" of a Charger, while others will want it basically, for free.

Sellers want the most & buyers want to pay the least. That there is why we see the "Crying shame" type threads. Nobody wants to have ANYBODY come up to them when they have found out how much someone paid for something and hear these few words....."Damn, you got hosed. Didn't you know you coulda bought three cars for that much??? Meanwhile, they have been searching for those same three cars for the smoking deal everybody seems to think is out there, yet none are available for said Smoking deal.

Some get restored(most don't), some are life projects, some get parted & some rot into the ground. True, but what IMO, seems to bother folks when one of these type cars is spotted is the "Potential" for either 1. PROFIT by flipping 2. Restoration by anybody BUT themselves of course or 3. Parts for their own restoration. Everybody loves to tout that "Save 'em all, or they will become extinct" sh*t, but nobody is willing to put up the cash to save 'em all...

surmanajaja

ok I just watched the episode,do my eyes deceive me or when they show actually building of the car, its a 73 or 72 charger? am I the only one who noticed that... :shruggy:

Dino

Quote from: surmanajaja on May 10, 2013, 11:08:45 AM
ok I just watched the episode,do my eyes deceive me or when they show actually building of the car, its a 73 or 72 charger? am I the only one who noticed that... :shruggy:

I thought I saw a glimpse of a 3rd gen in there...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

flyinlow

I'd like to talk but my son and I are busy getting the Chargers ready to drive to Vegas $$$   :rofl:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: surmanajaja on May 10, 2013, 11:08:45 AM
Seen it too.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

Quote from: NHCharger on May 09, 2013, 09:08:54 PM
Quote from: duanesterrr on May 08, 2013, 11:46:06 AM

Actually, the "Count" is a self made millionaire. Has a pretty impressive stable of cars, owns a bar called Vamps, part owner of a TV station, gorgeous wife. Livin' the dream.
I read somewhere that Richard Rollins, owner of Gas Monkey makes 160k per episode.

He also owns a huge Tattoo parlor. I know BFD, but he has to be loaded with the killing he is making on these cars.

Btw, did anyone see the show when he offered 40k for a 73/74 "plain" Roadrunner, and the kid who owned it actually turned the money down.[/b]

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Mopar Nut on May 08, 2013, 09:31:44 AM
Did anyone see the 69 Charger last night? He paid $20,000 grand for it, then sold it for $73,000.

Watched the show, appeared to be an RTSE and by the choice of color (gold) I am profiling that it is likely the original color.  The airbrushed eagle hood thing was out of left Field for me, that stuff is interesting on a bike, boat or something, nice to look at sometimes, but not my thing, IMO.

There are some really great cars out there for 1/2 that, those couple shows seem to be rigged. Gas monkey gave some 35k for that 3window steel high boy ford roller....with nice done rods seem to be 60-70s plus.  That Charger seems very high from a "value vs purchase price" stand point, that guy must have really... really liked it.  Hmm, I liked my last purchase too. :hah: :hah: :popcrn:

GL0169

73 Grand for a 69Charger and it looked like it was missing the sail panel charger emblems  :shruggy: maybe ?