News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

not for sale :(

Started by ChargerD100, May 07, 2013, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerD100

found a MINT, pretty close to mint '69 grille today with 2 problems

problem 1 semi - rotting Charger attached to it
problem 2 not for sale

pretty complete missing a few pieces, and needs a new oil pump and theres some rot above the rear window.

guy was really nice I met him a few years ago, when I was looking at a '66 charger next door to him and spotted this in his back yard along with a challenger, I dropped by today and asked him if I could snag some pics of it, its a base model car with a 383, belonged to his dad, and there sentimental value there he says hes gunna fix it up when funds permits but he was honest and said its gunna sit for a while

Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

A383Wing

problem 3.....I doubt that car will see the road anytime soon....they always say they are going to restore them, but Mother Earth usually wins

Bryan

ChargerD100

yeah he said its not gunna be anytime soon

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

DAY CLONA

Usually a wad of cash looking the owner in the face, liberates one of a car, an another out of cash....nothing ventured, nothing gained

ChargerD100

oh if I had a good chunk of change I wouldve waived it and made it rain, but not in the cards haha

Old Moparz

There are reasons for everything, but there is an engine hoist sitting in the grass, too. If someone doesn't take care of an expensive tool I don't think they'll ever take care of the car.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

skip68

That's a shame to see that car outdoors like that.  We all know what it will look like in 10 years.    :rotz: :'(
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

projectanimal

Sweet find....  :2thumbs:
Something I will never understand is why people dont cover cars, especially if they are not for sale and "going to be fixed in the near future"...  :brickwall:   
northwest CT

Cooter

At leats the windows are tinted so as to protect that "gorgeous" interior with those Awesome Seats out of Grandma's Granada.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Quote from: projectanimal on May 08, 2013, 05:47:45 AM
Sweet find....  :2thumbs:
Something I will never understand is why people dont cover cars, especially if they are not for sale and "going to be fixed in the near future"...  :brickwall:   

Looks like Mother Earth is already taking over.  :rotz:
Worst thing he can do is cover it while it's sitting on dirt/grass. That's what happened with that '69 RT/SE Chris & I found, it was left for decades sitting on dirt with a plastic tarp over it. There was nowhere for the moisture to go, which caused it to rust severely.
Unless the owner decides to part ways or get off his a$$ and do something with them, they are facing impending doom.  :-\
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

green69rt

That's a strange looking RT on the stripe.  I don't think I've ever seen one with a hash mark??

projectanimal

Looks like Mother Earth is already taking over.  :rotz:
Worst thing he can do is cover it while it's sitting on dirt/grass. That's what happened with that '69 RT/SE Chris & I found, it was left for decades sitting on dirt with a plastic tarp over it. There was nowhere for the moisture to go, which caused it to rust severely.
Unless the owner decides to part ways or get off his a$$ and do something with them, they are facing impending doom.  :-\

I know a blue tarp or plastic cover can be worse on a car just sitting, but my wish would be that anyone who is seriously going to fix up the car (in the future when funds approve) would put it up on blocks, check on it a few times a year, and try to figure out some covering.... :shruggy: :Twocents:   

years ago I kept driving by a local '78 Trans Am which looked abandoned in a parking lot.  finally tracked down the owner (brother of the business it was left at) who had purchased it new from showroom, 4 speed, WS6, loaded....but complete crap as of now.  he strung me along for a little while that he would sell, not sell, sell.....  he finally said he found storage for it and was going to fix it up with his family :2thumbs:.  a few months later it was gone..  in a way I am glad as I would not have been able to find and start our charger project if I was already deep into a complete resto of that beast!   :2thumbs: :cheers:
northwest CT

PocketThunder

Quote from: projectanimal on May 08, 2013, 08:19:12 AM
 I know a blue tarp or plastic cover can be worse on a car just sitting, but my wish would be that anyone who is seriously going to fix up the car (in the future when funds approve) would put it up on blocks, check on it a few times a year, and try to figure out some covering.... :shruggy: :Twocents:   

Especially when the blocks are sitting right there next to the car..!   :icon_smile_big:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Quote from: ChargerD100 on May 07, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
hes gunna fix it up when funds permit...

Looking at the surroundings, I don't think that funds are going to permit anything anytime soon.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Aero426 on May 08, 2013, 08:47:32 AM
Quote from: ChargerD100 on May 07, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
hes gunna fix it up when funds permit...

Looking at the surroundings, I don't think that funds are going to permit anything anytime soon.

Step 1) buy a lawn mower

step 2) move the engine hoist and pick the yard.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

duanesterrr

That car would be in my garage and the daily driver would be outside.

skip68

When my car was sitting outside for the first two years I would keep it covered with a car cover the had vents.  After every rain I would uncover it.   My Dad is the same way as that guy with a few of his cars and he won't sell.   :brickwall:   I've told him several times it takes $30,000-$40,000, a shop/garage with tools and time to restore just one car.    :rotz:    If you can't even manage to preserve it how in the hell do you plan on fixing it up?    :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

odcics2

Notice the start of a nice wood deck by the back door.     :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Rolling_Thunder

Tell me about it -  I know where a 1968 Charger is relaxing in the desert in some dude's back yard -  he is playing games and saying it's not even his...     please...   you're a hoarder with 30 cars in your yard...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

areibel

Quote from: green69rt on May 08, 2013, 07:58:10 AM
That's a strange looking RT on the stripe.  I don't think I've ever seen one with a hash mark??
Home made stripe, it looks like!  Probably added during a repaint, it looks like the clear is weathering off the car.  Looks like maybe an 80's repaint, when base/clear was just coming into use.  I've seen several cars my uncle painted back then that the clear just about peeled off of after about 10 years.  And my parents have an 89 Crown Vic that's doing the same thing, factory paint.

ChargerD100

Quote from: odcics2 on May 08, 2013, 05:50:30 PM

Thats the neighbors house

PocketThunder

Quote from: ChargerD100 on May 08, 2013, 07:22:21 PM

See him standing in his back yard?   :scope: 

A383Wing

also notice he's probably using the pallets by the left corner of the house

Bryan

ChargerD100

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 08, 2013, 10:10:28 PM
Quote from: ChargerD100 on May 08, 2013, 07:22:21 PM

See him standing in his back yard?   :scope: 

Haha didnt even notice him til you said that

Patronus

Spot the neighbor..Cut the grass, find a car
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE