News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back from Motorcity

Started by MyMopar, February 21, 2006, 12:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMopar

Had quite the adventure to pick-up my Valentine's Day present.  I'll spare you the details but here are some pics. 
I'm sure you guys from the area have seen this a million times, but I took a pic because Jeeps are my third love:

But here it is, my driver while I restore my Charger!

I'll post some pics once I get settled back in.  I have some minor tinkering to do to repair the stuff the previous owner half assed.  My main thing is just ot enjoy and not go crazy puttingmoney into this car as I want the money for my Charger.  I will pull the 440 out of the Charger though and drop it in place of the 318  :D :drive:

RD

awesome looking chally!  cant wait for more pics :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger_Fan

Great looking Chally, congrats! :cheers:

That's the first time I've seen the Jeep sign, that's pretty cool. Were the Jeeps left there as a display?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MyMopar

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 21, 2006, 12:49:07 PM
Nice license plate :icon_smile_big:
:icon_smile_wink: Good eye
and yes, the Jeeps are left there on dispaly, at least I think so. A barb wire chain link fence around the entire sign would make moving those in and out everyday a pain.

The Ghoul

I'm so sorry that you had to come here of all places. Detroit sux :rotz:
but at least it looks like you had good modivation  :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

Quote from: cudaeh on February 21, 2006, 01:43:59 PM
I'm so sorry that you had to come here of all places. Detroit sux :rotz:
but at least it looks like you had good modivation  :icon_smile_big:

Why does Detroit suck?   :shruggy:

The Ghoul

sorry Im still pissed about the while zoo situation. I posted it in another thread. Long story short, the manufacturing industry is drying up, and the city is run by people that when ever they are questioned or offered outside help the resort to turning it into a race issue.
I like down town there is some fun stuff to do in greek town and always something going down at cobo or ford field and nothing beats a wings game, but dispite all the new stuff happening in the city there has been no improvements in the surrounding areas (other than tarps being stretched across the tops of delapadated buildings so you dont see the holes in the roofs for the superbowl, and yet they are closing more things because they clame there is a lack of funds.
I cant help but wonder why all city officials are making 5 times more than officials in other citys, why the city bought them all escalades, funds the mayors extensitve 'sacurity force' and his multipul trips out of the country all in return for them running it into the ground.

The Ghoul

that and im freezing my nuts off here!!

runningman

Quote from: cudaeh on February 21, 2006, 02:10:02 PM
sorry Im still pissed about the while zoo situation. I posted it in another thread. Long story short, the manufacturing industry is drying up, and the city is run by people that when ever they are questioned or offered outside help the resort to turning it into a race issue.
I like down town there is some fun stuff to do in greek town and always something going down at cobo or ford field and nothing beats a wings game, but dispite all the new stuff happening in the city there has been no improvements in the surrounding areas (other than tarps being stretched across the tops of delapadated buildings so you dont see the holes in the roofs for the superbowl, and yet they are closing more things because they clame there is a lack of funds.
I cant help but wonder why all city officials are making 5 times more than officials in other citys, why the city bought them all escalades, funds the mayors extensitve 'sacurity force' and his multipul trips out of the country all in return for them running it into the ground.

I agree............

The Ghoul

Quote from: runningman on February 21, 2006, 02:55:11 PM
Quote from: cudaeh on February 21, 2006, 02:10:02 PM

I agree............
wate... your not supposed to do that!!
do you not know that im 23?
I mean, your supposed to dissagree with my crackpot theorys and political stuff.

MyMopar

Well, sorry to hear about your city government being so crappy.  At least the roads were pretty good, speed limit of 70 was nice and I was in and out of your state in about 2.5 hours.

PocketThunder

Quote from: cudaeh on February 21, 2006, 02:10:37 PM
that and im freezing my nuts off here!!

you're not alone brother!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The Ghoul

Quote from: MyMopar on February 21, 2006, 03:28:09 PM
Well, sorry to hear about your city government being so crappy.  At least the roads were pretty good, speed limit of 70 was nice and I was in and out of your state in about 2.5 hours.
sounds like a great trip then  ;D
so when you gonna post more pics of the challenger?

4cruzin

Every city has its problem and none are perfect.  I like Detroit! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

98neongirl

Yeah, Michigan weather sucks. Detroit is iffy for me, I have only been around Cobo Hall....I agree about the Zoo, they shouldn't close it.

The Ghoul

Quote from: 98neongirl on February 23, 2006, 03:35:02 PM
Yeah, Michigan weather sucks. Detroit is iffy for me, I have only been around Cobo Hall....I agree about the Zoo, they shouldn't close it.
Its sad about the zoo, yes. but the underlying issue is that it has always been the race thing being thrown around like nothing and thats whats getting in the way of any progress. After something as big as the super bowl there was a real oppertunity to turn that around and the feeling on the stree was pritty smooth. Its just gotten to the point now, when ever any one questions some one in power they turn it into a race issue because they know there will be no reprocussions and the issue will drop.
its as pathetic as that chick on the apprentice
what was said:
"thats like the pot calling the kettel black"
what she said later:
"what was that you said about black people"
sorry didnt mean to drag this down with this crap.
flatt out thread jacking and I apologise for that.
SO POST MORE PICS ALREADY!!!!!

Ghoste

Wow, if you thought the roads were good, you must come from an area with REALLY bad roads!  I love the Motor City but the potholes there have got to be the worst in the USA.
As to the Jeep display, at the old Jeep plant in Toledo they used to keep the display vehicles up on the roof.  That was kind of cool too.
Glad your trip for the Chally worked out good and cudaeh, I'm sick of freezing too brother and everytime someone posts a pic on here of cruising in So Cal or Texas or anywhere with palm trees, I just feel a little bit colder.

hemihead

Quote from: Ghoste on February 25, 2006, 12:46:01 AM
Wow, if you thought the roads were good, you must come from an area with REALLY bad roads!  I love the Motor City but the potholes there have got to be the worst in the USA.
As to the Jeep display, at the old Jeep plant in Toledo they used to keep the display vehicles up on the roof.  That was kind of cool too.
Glad your trip for the Chally worked out good and cudaeh, I'm sick of freezing too brother and everytime someone posts a pic on here of cruising in So Cal or Texas or anywhere with palm trees, I just feel a little bit colder.
THE worst potholes are alive and well here in good ole PA. . And the weather is just like Detroit.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

The Ghoul

Quote from: Ghoste on February 25, 2006, 12:46:01 AM
wll lets see if the reverse happens, the other day I took pics of my daily driver in my back yard