News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New FBO Ignition box?

Started by garner7555, May 04, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garner7555

Is anyone running the new FBO ignition box with the "soft touch" rev limiter?  It looks like a great setup from what I see :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

garner7555

There must not be many people using it, if any. I just ordered one so I will let you know what I think later on.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Chryco Psycho

justcruisin

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 07, 2013, 09:09:45 AM
I would run the Rev-N-Ator
:2thumbs:
I run the Rev-N-Nator, no back to back tests but it pulls clean and strong to my  6000RPM redline, no complaints.

garner7555

The rev-n-nator is listed as unavailable. Is the rev limiter on it "soft touch"?  I liked it but didn't consider it because its not available.  :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Musicman

I have both... Unfortunately I do not currently have a running vehicle to test them out, just a couple of engines on the test stand I built. I ran the Rev-N-Nator on the test stand with the 505 some time back and it performed as advertised, so I know it works, but it's still not a real world full load test. Haven't had the opportunity to try out Don's unit yet; been a little busy with my Charger restoration, but I expect it will perform well on the stand also. Still, I'm kind of interested in testing the 2 rev limiters against each other on the stand. They both work, but they each use a different approach. The test stand is okay for this, but again it is not real world testing, and there is a big difference between running an engine on a stand with no load on it, and running one under actual driving conditions.

1971SE440

Just got my new FBO HRR688 Mopar Micro Processor ECU and coil and installed it this Saturday along with a new set of Firecore spark plug wires. I also got the ballast resistor bypass wire kit. My Charger has never run better and it took like 15 minutes to install.

Musicman

That's always good when something works out as advertised.  :2thumbs:
I still haven't run mine yet, but I know one of the guys over on Moparts tested it on his Dyno, along with the Rev-N-Nator... he doesn't care much for Don G., but he couldn't find anything bad to say about the HRR688, it performed really well.

1971SE440

I ran the Charger for 5 hours on Sunday in 90 degree heat and it ran great. I'm impressed with the system. We will see long term. It does have a pretty good warranty.

garner7555

That's good to hear!  I have been busy this summer and haven't had time to install mine. Thanks for the info.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Musicman

Quote from: 1971SE440 on September 16, 2013, 09:30:59 PM
It does have a pretty good warranty.

Best in the business last time I checked...