News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speedo gear?

Started by mikeydf14, April 25, 2013, 06:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeydf14

Finally got the Charger out for a check run after being in the resto shop for a year.  We put her into the wind and it drove great. However, it seems the speedo is way off due to the incorrect gear in the trans. The GPS said we were going 53 when the speedo showed 70 and then the GPS showed 65 and the speedo showed 80.  Obviously I need more teeth for that gear. I do not know what gear is in the car but I found a Mopar sight giving me a good idea what I need. Their calculations indicate I need at least a 32 tooth gear.  Other than Year One does any one have a reputable and reasonable supplier(s) I can use?  Thanks Mike!

fy469rtse

Quote from: mikeydf14 on April 25, 2013, 06:24:14 PM
Finally got the Charger out for a check run after being in the resto shop for a year.  We put her into the wind and it drove great. However, it seems the speedo is way off due to the incorrect gear in the trans. The GPS said we were going 53 when the speedo showed 70 and then the GPS showed 65 and the speedo showed 80.  Obviously I need more teeth for that gear. I do not know what gear is in the car but I found a Mopar sight giving me a good idea what I need. Their calculations indicate I need at least a 32 tooth gear.  Other than Year One does any one have a reputable and reasonable supplier(s) I can use?  Thanks Mike!
most ransmission shops and suppliers have these gears SMR or patc , look im up , thats where i got mine , just check the size gear teeth number first , 

John_Kunkel

Before you change the pinion check the odometer over a known distance. The odometer is direct-driven and will be a better way to judge the error.

E-bay always has a wide variety of pinions for sale.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mikeydf14

OK Thanks for the odometer idea! Just checked Ebay and sent a question to a vendor about one of their pinion gears.....

Fred

Have you tried A&A Transmissions?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

I just went to our local tranny shops around here and got some...paid like $5 each when they charged me for one...

Bryan

randy73

PATC in La is where I got mine.

red79

cope racing transmissions fixed me right up  :2thumbs: