News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 headlight issue

Started by LaOtto70Charger, May 24, 2013, 08:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaOtto70Charger

Not sure where to start on this one.  I had my 70 in the yard when working on our minivan and noted the headlight doors open and the lights off with it sitting there.  Thought weird, but the kids where playing it so who knows. Later I pull it in the garage and turn on the lights to see what happens.  No low beams.  Flip the swith off and the doors don't close.  Turn back on the switch and still not lights.  I flip on the high beams which worked just fine.  Flip back to low beams and nothing.  After trying that a few times I turn the car off walk to the front and turn the ignition to on.  Bang doors went right up with the light switch off.  Flip on the lights but still no low beams.  Only the high beams are working. 

Any thoughts were to start?  In the past I had only low beams and it was the floor switch but the doors didn't go up by themself. 

b5blue

Try wiggle/test foot switch again.  :scratchchin:

70 sublime

Bad ground ?
Try looking at where the head light motor ground wire and the light harness ground wire ground to the rad support ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

LaOtto70Charger

I'll check the grounds.  Probably throw a new dimmer switch at too.  5 bucks so nothing to lose and she gets a new part.