News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas Tank

Started by jflazlo, May 01, 2013, 12:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jflazlo

Hi,
Can someone tell me how to swap out my old gas tank for a new one, or how I can get instructions on how to do it?  It's a69 charger.  I bought a new tank and sending unit but haven't looked at it to see how it's done.
Thanx,
Frank

Dino

Two straps hold the tank in place, undo the bolts near the rear bumper and the whole thing will drop out.  Undo your lines and reverse procedure with new parts. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jflazlo

Thanx Dino, just to be sure what new parts do I need beside the new tank and sending unit?
Frank

1970Moparmann

Make sure you get the filler neck seal. :2thumbs:  If your sending unit is working fine now, you can reuse.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

70 sublime

I think the bolts are at the front of the tank not at the back bumper
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 02, 2013, 09:45:57 PM
I think the bolts are at the front of the tank not at the back bumper

I think you're right.  It's been a while since I've dropped a tank.  I think it was in '95....

jflazlo, crawl underneath and check the condition of the bolts and straps themselves and check your fiuel lines while you're at it.  Apart from that and the mentioned seal you should be good to go.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.