News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Horse in the barn! 1969 GTX Vert!

Started by resq302, April 19, 2013, 08:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 24, 2013, 04:01:14 PM
So inquiring minds want to know...is there a T3 GTX convertible in your Dad's future?  :scratchchin:

Should have a definite answer by either Mon or Tues if a new addition will be in the garage!   :popcrn:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Well, just got the call from Dad.  Even though he had a minor mishap on the way up there with his truck, (exhaust hanger broke which caused part of the exhaust system to break) they made it up there ok with the elky and Dad was VERY pleased with the GTX!  They had to add a little hydraulic fluid to the convertible top but aside from that, everything was fine and then some.  They even replaced all of the radiator and heater hoses so now they all match (black color at least) vs. having one red heater hose and one black.  Dad can't be happier.

Special thanks again to Darryl ( NH Mopar Fan) and Brian (NHcharger) from the board who checked out the car in person first for us.  We can't thank you enough!   :cheers:  Certainly two great guys in our book and can't wait to thank them in person out at Carlisle (even if we are only going for a day this year!) :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

:cheers:  Better post a video of your Dad smoking the tires with the top down!   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Turns out the reason why they had to add the hydraulic fluid to the convert top system was cause of a plastic fitting that had cracked.  New one put in and everything should be ok!  Now I can't wait for them to get home with it so I can conveniently stop by on Wed and check it out first hand also!  One thing for sure, I'll have no problem thinking of stuff to get for dad for his new toy come the time for presents!   :lol:
Brian

JB400

Glad he got it :2thumbs:  By the way, Father's Day is a little over a month a way

69CoronetRT

Quote from: resq302 on April 19, 2013, 10:53:35 AM
There was a white gtx vert same year that F6daytona sent me which has the convert top color listed on the fender tag.  Our 70 chally vert also has the code for the vinyl top on it. :shruggy:

If the White car codes the top, the tag is remade. Your tag looks good to me from here :2thumbs:.

What was coded, when it was coded and even where it was coded changed year to year and varies plant to plant. You can't compare a 70 Hamtrack tag to a 69 STL and expect them to make sense. ALWAYS compare same plant same year and to the best of your ability the same time of year. Early tags can and will vary from late tags. :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Budnicks

It appears to be a nice 69 GTX Convertible, I hope your dad loves it & has fun with the car... good luck
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

resq302

69CoronetRT -

What you said makes sense and never even thought about the different assembly plants.  The Sched. Prod. Date is Oct of 1968 so it is a fairly early prod. car, hence the lack of the mandatory head rests which started Jan 1 of 69.

Budnicks-

So far, dad is having a blast with it and he barely has any behind the wheel time with it.  As of right now, the car has more time on the enclosed trailer behind his truck than it does with him actually behind the wheel of it!   :lol:

One thing I would love to find (which is probably non existant) is how many were made with this color paint.  Dad also found out that it has a 6 way seat in it!  I wonder if he will notice it missing and changed out with my charger's seat frame?   :rofl:
Brian

Budnicks

Quote from: resq302 on April 30, 2013, 01:47:17 PM
69CoronetRT -

What you said makes sense and never even thought about the different assembly plants.  The Sched. Prod. Date is Oct of 1968 so it is a fairly early prod. car, hence the lack of the mandatory head rests which started Jan 1 of 69.

Budnicks-

So far, dad is having a blast with it and he barely has any behind the wheel time with it.  As of right now, the car has more time on the enclosed trailer behind his truck than it does with him actually behind the wheel of it!   :lol:
One thing I would love to find (which is probably non existant) is how many were made with this color paint.  Dad also found out that it has a 6 way seat in it!  I wonder if he will notice it missing and changed out with my charger's seat frame?   :rofl:
:cheers: Very cool  :2thumbs: I love all the Plymouth's 68-69-70 GTX, RoadRunner, Belvedere, Satellite, Sport Satellite's 2 doors Post Coupe, HT & Verts especially, had over 20 of them combined, currently on my 13th RR a 68 RM23 HT
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

NHCharger

Tell your Dad congrats on the purchase :cheers: We had a good time checking out the car. That guy had some serious iron stuffed in that little garage.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Brian,

Thank you guys again so much for your help.  It was certainly a major deciding factor for the deal.   :2thumbs:
Brian

bakerhillpins

So glad to hear that it worked out for you all!! :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

charge69

Also glad it worked out for you.

I remember my good friends' '69 GTX convertible fondly as a great car. He bought it used around 1977 and it was, as I remember, a dark copper colored (probably T7) model with a white top and a Dana rear with a high ratio (again, probably a 4.10). Although it had a 727 auto, it was pretty quick from 0 to 60 with that rear and a beautiful car. I think I remember a tan interior but not real sure.

Again, congrats on the nice purchase!