News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering column studs and other misc. things.......

Started by 440, April 30, 2013, 08:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, I havn't touched my car in a year due to being burnt out trying to find some small things to complete my dash resto. I've had bad experiences with two well known suppliers and don't know where else to turn. Tomorrow I am finally going to do some work on it although I'm not really looking forward to it. Hopefully getting a bit of work done will give me some drive to finish it.

Anyone know if the upper steering column studs and washers are available yet. I saw bulls post and wondering if the washers have been conformed as being suitable?

Also, anyone know where to obtain the clutch pedal/Z bar rod plastic washers ?

I'm sure there are a few things that I forgot about but I'll know more tomorrow.

Dino

Hey buddy, good to see you back!

If you have problems with shipping things and such, shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to act as an intermediate.  You can have things shipped to my place and I can ship them to you, marked as used parts or something if that helps.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Good to see your still here Dino, feels like I haven't been here for ages. How's your car going?

Hopefully now I'll finally finish the dash, I made a list of everything needed to finish it and it's not much. Now that the firewall is finished and that I've been test fitting a few things it's going to come out pretty good. A few nuts, bolts, plastic bulkhead connector and I'll be set. I think the column studs and headlight vac harness are going to be the hard bits.

I'll get it started and check that the voltage regulator is working before I button it all up. I'm still pondering assembling it outside the car or inside it. Outside will give the best result but I'm terrified it wont fit properly (being twisted or some similar thing)

Thanks for the offer Dino, if something seems out of the ordinary you may receive a PM   :yesnod:

Here's the last picture I took ages ago prior to it being painted if you haven't seen it . It's all finished ready for reassembly now.

Dino

Car's doing just fine, almost crashed it last week (see charger discussion) but almost is not definite so I'm still here.   :icon_smile_big:

I'd assemble the entire dash outside of the car and test every little thing, only then would I install it as a unit.  Lots of guys have done this and I've never heard of issues with it.  That's how Iwill do mine when the time comes to restore.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Hopefully it all fits well. It should have been finished a long time ago but for a while I didn't want to deal with it.

Spent bucket loads of time and money redoing everything. Everything was rebuilt, repainted, replated, replaced and the bad dealings with two vendors was enough to push me over the edge and call it quits for a while.

Tomorrow I'll probably install the insulation, parking brake assembly, fresh air box, gas pedal rocker assembly, wiper motor, pivots, linkage and time permitting install the heater box and the water temperature valve.

I'll have to go back and catch up on a few of your posts that I was following, your bezels, brakes etc...