News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions Please....Best wheels for a Daytona

Started by Coronet440, April 29, 2013, 08:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coronet440

I wanted your opinions as to what wheels you guys think look best on a Daytona. My Q5 car has factory hubcaps and to be honest...I don't care much for the look. I know it is correct but I am looking for something more. I have always been a Cragar guy myself but I am sure you guys would kick me off of this forum if I put those on it :icon_smile_big:Opinions please

hemi68charger

To be honest, I think a set of magnum 500's like what I have on mine would look great... 15x8 and 255's all the way around......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

JB400

Even though they are over done, I'd prefer the Torq Thrusts, with the cast centers

maxwellwedge

Quote from: A383Wing on April 29, 2013, 09:26:06 PM
Recall wheels get my vote

Bryan

If you are going to be incorrect anyway - I second the recall wheel vote.  :2thumbs:

held1823

centerlines or cragar sst's make for a great look. it's not a wing car, but you get the idea...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on April 30, 2013, 08:27:22 AM
centerlines or cragar sst's make for a great look. it's not a wing car, but you get the idea...
back in the early 80's i so loved centerlines i would have died for a set  .  Now not so much i've lost that lovin feeling  ,  But  Cragar SS and keystone classics those things just never go out of style .     

Mytur Binsdirti

Isn't that Charlie Cheshire's red 500? What ever happened to him?

pettybird

You're from the east coast, so I know you'll end up putting Cragars on it  ;)

I'm a HUGE fan of American Racing wheels on the old cars...

Here are the original Torq Thrust wheels, now available under the name "TTO" or Torq Thrust Original on Mike Borkowski's survivor bird:

These are the standard Torq Thrust "D" wheels on our bird.  You can see the spokes are fatter and rounder compared to the wheels above:

And these are 200S wheels, which I can't find on a wing car at the moment:

moparstuart

spyders are always one of my favorites on a wing car

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 30, 2013, 09:30:04 AM
Isn't that Charlie Cheshire's red 500? What ever happened to him?

Yeap.. That's his... I actually talked to him Sat. on the phone. A young man (Jacob) who's the grandson of one of Charles' good friends came by my car Sat. and we chatted. Through conversation, it turned out we discovered our mutual connection with Charles and the next thing I know, Jacob is handing me his cell phone with Charles on it. We had a vey nice conversation. I think he vaguely remembered me, but it was a nice conversation nonetheless for about 20-30 minutes about his adventures, my visits to his house back in the 80's and just about life. He's in his 70's and sounded like he's doing well for a man of his age. Still has the 500 albeit the motor's not in it now ( I offered to help him put it back in ). I may call him back again to chat Mopar with him....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Daytona Guy

This is a good question, but it is also too personal. Taste is relative and subjective. I'm with you though, I'm not a wheel cover or hubcap guy, and I don't like 15" wheels. My favorite factory look is a mag 500 with BF's.

Dane

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Coronet440 on April 29, 2013, 08:11:01 PM
I wanted your opinions as to what wheels you guys think look best on a Daytona. My Q5 car has factory hubcaps and to be honest...I don't care much for the look. I know it is correct but I am looking for something more. I have always been a Cragar guy myself but I am sure you guys would kick me off of this forum if I put those on it :icon_smile_big:Opinions please

Anything is better than what's on there now, the factory wheels/tires don't do the car or the color justice.   I went with Magnum 500s with Radial T/A s and I'm glad I did.  I was thinking of going with redlines , but I like the raised white letter look .   
Don't think anyone mentioned poverty caps with Q5 matched wheels, that would be interesting.
Cragers would look great too.

As noted, it's all a matter of taste .  Go for what you like !  :2thumbs:

hotrod98

It really is a matter of taste and that taste can change. When I first saw my Superbird with the 90's era billet Centerlines, I hated it. Last fall, after running rallys for a couple of years, I decided to put the billet CL's back on. I would love to have something else, but these are what I have. They kind of grew on me after a while.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

charger_fan_4ever

The original american Racing 200S with the cast centers are sweet.

odcics2

for the serious Daytona owner, 9.5" wide, all around.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

A383Wing

Old Moparz

I've always liked Magnum 500's on most Mopars, especially Chargers. Lately though, I have been liking the painted steel wheel look like the old NASCAR wheels. Since I have several cars I like the idea of having a different type of wheel for each. My Scamp has a set of 15x7 Rallies, the Road Runner has black steel wheels with dog dish caps, & I want to go back to the chrome Magnum 500's on my Satellite. If I do that, I am leaning towards painting a set of old chrome reverse wheels I have in an argent color for the Daytona replica. The chrome is already shot & I want to see how they look in a darker argent.

I think I like steel wheels on NASCAR vehicles the most.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Howie

I have a set of those steel nascar wheels but they do not want to fit over my disc brake calipers now.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Howie on May 01, 2013, 09:42:16 AM
I have a set of those steel nascar wheels but they do not want to fit over my disc brake calipers now.

Which version of disc brakes do you have?
Troy

maxwellwedge

5hunert

How about body colored turbines for the '70's look?

Mytur Binsdirti

When I was doing my car over, I went back & forth between 15" Magnums & 15" recall wheels. Ultimately, i went with the magnums, but either wheel looks great on the car.