News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does your Charger have a name?

Started by bull, July 20, 2005, 06:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

da bitch, and well a couple other choice words when I am working on her.  other than those times, she is just da bitch.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

kab69440

My first car is named Janine, after my first girl.  She moved to the Cincy area years ago. Breaking up is tough after you have been together for the whole Kindergarten season. Wonder what ever happened to her???
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

8WHEELER

My Red car is ''Daisy'' yes because of the DOH and those famous shorts , I had the car before the series started so in 79 just after the show started my friends thought it would be cool to call it Daisy, I also met my wife to be that year and she never liked the name because I spent more time with the car at the time   ;D ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Blusmbl

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2005, 10:40:49 AM
Are you just making that up?

Naw, Jim had a '68.  I've got a couple pictures of it floating around someplace.

My Charger's name is Janis, as in Joplin fame.  Long story, but the cliff's notes version it, she kept taking another little piece of my heart.  :icon_smile_dead:
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

A383Wing

The names for our Chargers can't be said here.......

Bryan   :-X

Brock Samson

"Skunkenstein"
or the "Skunk" for short,
  A buddy of mine named it that back in the mid-eighties when i first got her on the road,..
because of the temporay brain transplant (318 drivetrain) and the black and white butt stripe paint job, it looked like skunk, smoked from the tires and small block headers, smeled like rubber and oil, roared just like the original Frankenstien's monster..etc.. the name jsut seemed so right so it stuck..
though sometimes i call her the "Parade-Float" cause so many folks wave...

xs29j8Bullitt

I call my triple black '68 "BULLITT" of course... :icon_smile_evil:

My other Chargers don't have permanent names yet, but a few other cars do.  I call my FY1 (Lemon Twist) '70 'Cuda 440-6 "Ole Yeller" and my A4 Platinum Silver/Pewter Interior '69 Road Runner "2 of 1" because of an article several years ago in Mopar Collectors Guide about a 1 of 1 A4/Pewter Hemi RR.

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

KMPX2

Chargerguy74

My 73 that I'm building is Lorraine. The rest have yet to be named.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Lowprofile

Ah, where do I begin.......
I found the car about 10 years ago in Omaha,NE. It was sitting behind a body shop, 4 flat tires [4 different rims] no eng/trans, with a bunch of old crunched body parts from different cars piled on top of it. Two hours later, I had it unburied, and loaded into my trailer heading for Vegas. My ex wife took one look at it and called me an Idiot. [gotta love the support] There it sat in Vegas untouched for about 6 years, till the divorce papers showed up! She tried to take it from me in court. Anyway, I'm rambling.....
Long story shortened up. New wife loves me, loves the car ...wants me to finish it. Mother in law laughs at it every time she See's it behind the barn.    The Name......Soul Survivor
Why? Because thru all the s$%@ of the past 10 years, the thought of driving that baby to nats or on the power tour has given my soul the uplift it has needed from time to time.

Sorry for the rant.   :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Lowprofile on July 21, 2005, 12:34:08 AM
Ah, where do I begin.......
I found the car about 10 years ago in Omaha,NE. It was sitting behind a body shop, 4 flat tires [4 different rims] no eng/trans, with a bunch of old crunched body parts from different cars piled on top of it. Two hours later, I had it unburied, and loaded into my trailer heading for Vegas. My ex wife took one look at it and called me an Idiot. [gotta love the support] There it sat in Vegas untouched for about 6 years, till the divorce papers showed up! She tried to take it from me in court. Anyway, I'm rambling.....
Long story shortened up. New wife love me, loves the car ...wants me to finish it. Mother in law laughs at it every time she See's it behind the barn.    The Name......Soul Survivor
Why? Because thru all the s$%@ of the past 10 years, the thought of driving that baby to nats or on the power tour has given my soul the uplift it has neednd from time to time.

Sorry for the rant.   :rotz:

Cool story. BTW, your profile pic freaks me out.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

4402tuff4u

Is that the clown from one of Steven King's book/movie?
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

tomonty

Pennywise the Clown from IT. Great book.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Vainglory, Esq.

Charger_Fan

No name for mine yet.

I may have one when I'm done with my resto, though. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

XS29J8

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on July 20, 2005, 10:01:03 PM
I call my triple black '68 "BULLITT" of course... :icon_smile_evil:

My other Chargers don't have permanent names yet, but a few other cars do.   I call my FY1 (Lemon Twist) '70 'Cuda 440-6 "Ole Yeller" and my A4 Platinum Silver/Pewter Interior '69 Road Runner "2 of 1" because of an article several years ago in Mopar Collectors Guide about a 1 of 1 A4/Pewter Hemi RR.

XS

XS, we have a thing for names..........I often refer to our 68 Charger as 'ol Bullitt! Even tho she's Red...........

XS
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

ipstrategies

Petar
I think Southern Comfort is a great name for your Charger. I have not named the 71 just yet, I am still debating on keeping the Dark Green color which is starting to grow on me.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

Bluebeast

Mine is Blue Beast. I really can't take the credit for the name though. A good friend of mine said it reminded him of the Beast from the Avengers. Go figure?!
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

miller

I call mine vanessa, cuz in gone in 60 seconds there was a 69 daytona named vanessa, i later learned that it was a superbird, but it was to late, my 69 will stay vanessa. I might put an american flag on the roof, with 07 on the door (my graduation year) and call it the "General Vee"

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Headrope

Milner - as in John Milner, the character who drove the yellow hot rod in "American Grafiti." He was a bad ass with a heart.

I'm reserving Big Iron for when I hit my midlife crises in a few years, put a supercharger on my '66 and build the piss out of a 392 Hemi to stuff under it. Oh yes, it will be mine.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Lowprofile

8) :D Lots of new members here, so I figured it was time for a bump! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_wink:

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

bull

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 27, 2006, 05:32:50 PM
8) :D Lots of new members here, so I figured it was time for a bump! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_wink:

Jeez, LP, the thread's 15 months old. How deep did you have to dig?

MichaelRW

My first Charger (a '69) which I bought in 1970 was named Raquel after the actress Raquel Welch. My current Charger has not been named yet. Ole Blue is a possibility though.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Lowprofile

Quote from: bull on October 27, 2006, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on October 27, 2006, 05:32:50 PM

Jeez, LP, the thread's 15 months old. How deep did you have to dig?

Back to page 152 [I think] I was bored. ;) :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_wink:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

dkn1997

never thought of it.  Growing up, my friends and I reserved names for shitbox cars.  the good ones never got names.

the cadoo-shitty caddy someone had.
tortous-shitty taurus I had
glo-shitty mazda glc a guy had (his girl thought the "C" was an "O")
the imp-shity impala I had.
the bu-shitty chevelle malibu I had

The best one was a guy who had a putrid green 77 2 door lesabre.  that one got Fenway because It was a green monster.

The guy before me names my car 'cherry charger'  he never said it, but when going through a box of crap in the trunk, I found a custom license plate frame that said "cherry charger" on it. 

I guess you could say my car may have a name.  because I am always working on it, friends have occasionally called it 'project cherry charger'
RECHRGED