News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rearview mirror view of.....

Started by JB400, April 29, 2013, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

2014 Camaro.  No changes in the go department, but they're getting Recaro seats for the SS and ZL1 models.  The new hood is a functional air extractor.
 But, this is what we'll see in the rearview mirror

Redesigned rearend don't look too bad.

Doubt that I'll be getting one due to the fact you still can't see out the back of them.

charge69

Or sides ...or front!  Nice looking cars, I guess but wayyyyy too high a beltline for me.  Very poor visibility for me in any direction and triggers my claustrophobia, big time!

redmist

We rented one, and I honestly don't think I could get out the side window if I had to for some reason. It freaked me out a little.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

hatersaurusrex

My brother just bought a used one, and I have to admit the blue accents in the interior at night look very cool.  Like you're driving a car from Tron.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on May 01, 2013, 12:22:14 AM
  Like you're driving a car from Tron.

Now there's a good reason right there not to buy one.

Fred

Quote from: redmist on April 29, 2013, 05:59:19 PM
We rented one, and I honestly don't think I could get out the side window if I had to for some reason. It freaked me out a little.

That's a good point right there. When a car (for whatever reason) plunges into deep water, don't they usually get out through the window?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Silver R/T

It does have better looking rear end.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dino

Quote from: Fred on May 02, 2013, 07:40:41 PM

That's a good point right there. When a car (for whatever reason) plunges into deep water, don't they usually get out through the window?

Yep, but I wouldn't count on the power windows to work under water so you'll need one of these safety hammers to break the glass. 

I was sitting at a red light yesterday when one of these pulled up beside me.  It'll be tight but I bet I could slide through the opening but you better not be too big.  I'm 5'11" 200 lbs.

Still an ugly car though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

Quote from: Dino on May 03, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: Fred on May 02, 2013, 07:40:41 PM

Yep, but I wouldn't count on the power windows to work under water so you'll need one of these safety hammers to break the glass. 

I was sitting at a red light yesterday when one of these pulled up beside me.  It'll be tight but I bet I could slide through the opening but you better not be too big.  I'm 5'11" 200 lbs.

Still an ugly car though.

Oh well, I guess most drivers/passengers will be going down with the sinking ship then, so to speak.  :lol:  I guess the best thing to do is avoid water at all cost!  :icon_smile_big: 
I'm not a fan of it either.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Indygenerallee

I hate Chevys with a passion,,,, Did I mention I hate Camaros! I only drive Mopars of Fords......
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Cooter

Too small a roof for me. Has WAY too much quarter panel. Did fix the tops of quarters though, and looks better.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1970Moparmann

I just rented one on a work trip and put 200+ miles on it.   It was a V6.  The only positive thing I can say about it is the engine had some power for a 6 banger.   Outside of that, didn't like the interior, feature set, or design.  The design of the slant in the windshield didn't even allow the defroster to hit the whole window.  Side window height did feel constricted, and the blind spots are really bad.   

A good friend bought a new RS/SS in 2010 and it was junk!  He blew the engine, trans, had electrical issues, and the air conditioner...... He sold it to Carmax just to get rid of it.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ACUDANUT

Really,
Chevy usually makes a good product  :scratchchin:

Cooter

Lemme see......A V6 making what a warmed over V8 would for HP and Torque and someone ran the dogsh*t outta it and it blew up? No way! Say it ain't so....

Wonder why the V8 making decent power wasn't bought instead? Maybe it woulda lasted at that power level? Hmmm.... :2thumbs: :shruggy:

V6 Making 300 HP= Catistrophic Failure sooner or later....[Think Ford Eco-Boost]

V8 making 300-400 HP = At least makes it out of warranty....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 03, 2013, 10:35:48 PM
I hate Chevys with a passion,,,, Did I mention I hate Camaros! I only drive Mopars or Fords......

:iagree:

The only Chevrolets that I ever thought looked good were the few of them that I've actually seen on fire...

So, until a new Camaro spontaneously combusts in my presence, it's just another poorly designed, cheaply made, over rated, ugly piece of shit with a bowtie on it. :puke:

1970Moparmann

My friend had an RS/SS that had the V8 - in 2010 at least, it was JUNK.  I'm sure it improved over the last few years.  :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

charger Downunder

Well all i can say is if you guys don't like it Holden should bring it to Australia and sell em over here. I could see my arse in one and it may be the trigger to pull me out of my 93 240 Volvo.
[/quote]

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Cooter on May 04, 2013, 01:13:47 PM
Lemme see......A V6 making what a warmed over V8 would for HP and Torque and someone ran the dogsh*t outta it and it blew up? No way! Say it ain't so....

Wonder why the V8 making decent power wasn't bought instead? Maybe it woulda lasted at that power level? Hmmm.... :2thumbs: :shruggy:

V6 Making 300 HP= Catistrophic Failure sooner or later....[Think Ford Eco-Boost]

Cooter, your thinking is flawed. Chevy, Ford and Dodge all have V6's that produce 300 HP.  So, all of these engines are doomed in "your" book.

SRT-440

The big news is the Z28 is coming back and is supposed to be THE camaro to have. I don't like what they did to the front end.  :Twocents:
Btw, I have a stock V6 that lives with 450-500 hp without any problems. Lol
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Cooter

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 04, 2013, 06:34:41 PM
Quote from: Cooter on May 04, 2013, 01:13:47 PM

Cooter, your thinking is flawed. Chevy, Ford and Dodge all have V6's that produce 300 HP.  So, all of these engines are doomed in "your" book.

Not flawed at all Nut, as any smaller engine making what a "Lazy" V8 would is "doomed" to fail sooner or later. You might take a look at some of the YT videos of all those 750 HP 4Cyl. that the Import guys seem to love so much, with the HUGE HX52 Turbo's on 'em. Just cause some make it till they are out of warranty, doens't mean they will all be ok. I was referring to the laws of physics on this one. Maybe I shoulda just bought the fact that a smaller engine making that kind of power will just live and buy one for $30K? Nah, I'll stick with what I know works. Small engines making huge power is a ticket for doom.