News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a GOOD auto transport company - HELP!

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2006, 10:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

I am in need of a good auto transport company. I would prefer on the uses their own trucks and does not act as a brokerage house and sub-contract the work out. If anyone can recommend one, PLEASE let me know as I need one ASAP!

Thanks gents - Mike

Slowpoke

for a good inclosed transport company try Passport i belive they are out of ST Louis but they deliver all over the country.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

472 R/T SE

If you want the BEST and don't mind paying a little extra I agree with slowpoke.  Passport Transport IMO.

They've been bought out by FedEx, but I don't think they have lost a step.  Not that I've heard anyways. 

I just used them a month ago and the driver was just helping the owner operator of the truck out..  He had just fell off a ladder, :-\.  So they do run owner ops.  Lowprofile would know lots more than this gear grinder.=]

Chris G.

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/  They are about 15 mins outside of the GWB. They have a fleet of trucks and I have never heard a bad thing about them.

chargerkid

What type of vehicle?  Where is the pickup and destination?

I know several reliable sources that are very good in pricing.

You know how to contact me.

Lowprofile

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on February 15, 2006, 03:47:53 PM
http://www.horselesscarriage.com/  They are about 15 mins outside of the GWB. They have a fleet of trucks and I have never heard a bad thing about them.

Execellent Company.   :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

moparjohn

Call Nick Villager- he owns a Charger and is VERY good. He is a fellow TDC member- 870-421-4622. Tell him John from the magnificent 7 sent you. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Recharger

More importantly, NYC, what did you buy?  Don't leave us hangin here.  Pics! Details!   :popcrn:

chargermick

You don't want to use those beauties that dropped off your Charger here in Illinois for a week and left you hanging?

Todd Wilson

Theres a guy advertising on my web site with enclosed trailer looking for classics to haul.

www.chargerfever.com

For Sale Section

Todd

NYCMille

Hey guys -

Thanks for all the replys - I bought kind of an odd ball car, but one that I have always kinda loved in a weird sort of way. A 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ, 428HO 390HP/496LB./TQ., Gold with a black vinal top, full leather interior, AC, cruise and power everything - got if from the original owner! CHA CHING!! and EVERYTHING works, even the AC and cruise control - I'll post some pics in few days.

It is going to be my new daily driver. My wife has a Saab - I wanted something with a little more personality.

Cheers - Mike

472 R/T SE

Is that the only car with a longer hood than a Charger?  :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

I think is may be... its a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG hood.

chargerkid

NYCMille

chargerkid

89MOPAR

Longest hood of Any production American car in 1969-1970.   Yes it was designed like that on purpose.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +