News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Daytona Restoration

Started by 69hemidaytona, April 28, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: UFO on June 07, 2013, 10:16:57 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 07, 2013, 06:59:05 PM
By chance, do you have any pictures of the air cleaner that shows the position of the "DO NOT WASH OR OIL" decal?

There's a pic in this thread showing the decal on a '68 hemi.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22673.25.html
That's a great read.. thanks for posting that link...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

UFO

Quote from: Budnicks on June 08, 2013, 05:41:48 PM
Quote from: UFO on June 07, 2013, 10:16:57 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 07, 2013, 06:59:05 PM
By chance, do you have any pictures of the air cleaner that shows the position of the "DO NOT WASH OR OIL" decal?

There's a pic in this thread showing the decal on a '68 hemi.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22673.25.html
That's a great read.. thanks for posting that link...

Coffee break is over, back to the cool Daytona resto pics.

Mopar John

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on June 06, 2013, 12:27:41 AM
Both original resonators were still on the car.
Tony,
It's amazing on all the original parts still on the Daytona! Are you going to use the original resonators?
MJ

69hemidaytona

I was able to get NOS resonators with a late 68 date code and the tailpipes welded on as an assembly. Those were actually the very first parts I bought for the car many years ago.

69hemidaytona

Some photos of bolt head markings.

69hemidaytona

More nose cone details.

69hemidaytona

More nose photos.

69hemidaytona

I'm not sure what those two brackets are for. Notice that they used the acorn style nuts on the passenger's side to attach the front reflector and they used regular spin nuts on the driver's side.

69hemidaytona

Creative failed to install the correct "four segment" front reflectors. I'm sure these are original to the car.

UFO

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on June 14, 2013, 12:36:54 AM
I'm not sure what those two brackets are for.

Sure look like the brackets used in the trunk.
Used to attach wing braces to floor.

69hemidaytona

The headlight actuators were in pretty nice condition. They still have their plating intact but I'm going to use the NOS ones that I bought.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on June 15, 2013, 06:14:19 AM
Creative failed to install the correct "four segment" front reflectors. I'm sure these are original to the car.

Like I have said before......looking at all my original stuff.....early, late - doesn't matter this reflector thing is 100% random for '69. Even mixed on some cars. Cheapo Chrysler never threw anything out.....they used up stuff until it was gone.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on June 24, 2013, 01:11:20 AM
The headlight actuators were in pretty nice condition. They still have their plating intact but I'm going to use the NOS ones that I bought.
If I may ask, what is the deal with the blacked-out treatment to, what appears, the whole rear of the car to include the bumper recesses on the side of the quarters?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

These are the nos nose parts I had. Shows shade of black and white part numbers on pivot caps and acuator plates
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 24, 2013, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: 69hemidaytona on June 24, 2013, 01:11:20 AM
If I may ask, what is the deal with the blacked-out treatment to, what appears, the whole rear of the car to include the bumper recesses on the side of the quarters?

Looks original - don't it?

69hemidaytona

At first i just assumed that an owner decided to do that. Now that the bumper is off I can see that the bumper was not on the car when it was done. Why would an owner go through the trouble to remove the bumper when he could have just taped it off? On the other hand why would the assembly line worker do that extra painting to just this one car? Also if it was done at Creative why would they remove the bumper to paint and why would they paint it in the first place. I don't know what to think about it. :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

What did Roger think of it?

69hemidaytona

I haven't asked him but i will when I talk to him. He has started working on the car again. I hope it's gping to be painted real soon. He did tell me though that I need a different sway bar. Any idea where I might find a real nice one?

Davtona

Tony what were the rear/red sidemarker lenses that were in the car? 2 part or 4 part lenses?? Just curious.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: Davtona on June 25, 2013, 04:43:12 PM
Tony what were the rear/red sidemarker lenses that were in the car? 2 part or 4 part lenses?? Just curious.
Dave the rear ones were the "correct" four segment versions. Another weird thing is that while the two rear reflectors used the acorn style nuts inside the trunk, only one of the fronts used those nuts. The other front used the more common type nuts. I posted the photos earlier in the thread.

69hemidaytona

A few of the turn signal assemblies.

Budnicks

such cool & detailed photos, keep em' coming  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

69_500

Personally I can not think of a "survivor" car I have seen with all 4 segment reflectors. Most are mixed. Saw one that a four segment on drivers side in front yet a two segment on passenger side. Car was still with original owner too.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on July 04, 2013, 09:06:37 AM
Personally I can not think of a "survivor" car I have seen with all 4 segment reflectors. Most are mixed. Saw one that a four segment on drivers side in front yet a two segment on passenger side. Car was still with original owner too.

Yes - That's what I have been saying for years!  :lol:

All my original 69 stuff - early, mid, late - whatever, has a mix.

Chrysler was too cheap to toss out parts - even if it was federal mandated. They used them up.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 04, 2013, 09:11:54 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on July 04, 2013, 09:06:37 AM

Yes - That's what I have been saying for years!  :lol:

All my original 69 stuff - early, mid, late - whatever, has a mix.

Chrysler was too cheap to toss out parts - even if it was federal mandated. They used them up.
I wonder if they could get away with that today?