News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice little 400 mile round-trip cruise and show

Started by hemi68charger, April 28, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Thought I'd hook up with my friends Tuffy and Scott and head up to Ennis, Texas for the Mopar Action MegaMopars show-n-race at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas. The trip started off well hooking up at 0530 in the morning and heading North for the 3 hour - 200 mile drive.

Of course, it didn't rain for the 1st 198 miles.. :lol:

There were much more racers than show cars, so I was a little disappointed in that, but there were quality cars nonetheless. Thanks to the Cowtown Mopar Club for the organization of the show, races and swap meet area. I did meet Barry (owner of the other V2 440 4speed Daytona) and Jason (XS29LA47V21). I met a bud of his as well and can't for the life of me remember his name, but he's a member here too (sorry)  :brickwall:

There were a lot of cool and interesting people for nice, fun and enlightened conversation. Even got to chat with an old name-from-past Charles Cheshier.

During the day, our wives were calling us with weather updates on Houston. Apparently, while we were up in the DF/W area, major storms were happening in Houston, to include flooding and hail. The O'Reilly's Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway Park were cancelled from what I heard.

The day was full, but it was time to head home after the awards...

At our mid-way refuel, the storms were still bad back home. Got to use this fancy smartphone Kim talked me into. It was rather cool being able to keep tabs on the local weather station's Doppler Radar.. I know, I know, even a scientist like me can be sort of "old-school"...

Well, we were looking pretty good until about 40 miles out and then we ran into the storms. Not bad mind you ( just enough to say "Oh rats" )... But, there was no hail and we all verified our wipers still work !!  :2thumbs:

Video on the tail end of the day..

http://youtu.be/gQwwV2ooC-s

1. Headin' out at 0500 in the morning......
2. Hooked up with Tuffy, where's Scott !!!??   :icon_smile_big:
3. Headin' North on I-35
4. We arrive at the Motorplex. Literally, after 198 miles of a 200 mile leg, it rains.........  :o

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

5. Lined up after wiping 'em down
6. Barry's cool 440 4speed V2 - He's owned it since '73. If memory serves me, he's the 2nd owner
7. Nice little 340 4speed '70 'Cuda
8. Very cool '66 Hemi Charger
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

9. Hemi in the '66
10. Survivor '78 Lil' Red
11. Very nice red on red '66
12. Very nice interior
Troy

hemi68charger

some more....
Troy

hemi68charger

- original owner Superbee
- Max Wedge
Troy

hemi68charger

race cars
Troy

hemi68charger

more racers
Troy

hemi68charger

Others found in the pits
Troy

hemi68charger

Heading home......
Troy

held1823

looks like an awesome day. no doubt the drive turned a lot of heads.

thanks for sharing.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

SBBob

Great to see it out and about, can't wait for the weather to turn a bit better here in the NW.  Awsome pictures!!!
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

Bob T

Good little cruise, a little rain never hurts.  I'm closing in on 5000 miles since May 17 last year  :icon_smile_big:
Thanks for putting the pics up
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Looks like that was a good meet to attend to. :drool5: :2thumbs:

tan top

:coolgleamA:  looks like it was a good adventure !!  some awesome cars there by the looks for it   , thanks for sharing pictures & stuff  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Coronet440

Thats awesome that you drive the Daytona that far. I have had mine out a few times but I have been a little nervous. The car is in such outstanding condition that I stay to cautious at this point to enjoy it. I have decided though that I am going to drive it. I refuse to have it just sit in the garage like a trophy. The only problem is that I know it will be hard to keep it in its current near perfect condition if I use it. But then I ask myself, What the hell is the point of having it if I don't drive it?? I am going to put some miles on it!!

ws23rt

Quote from: Coronet440 on May 01, 2013, 08:33:24 PM
Thats awesome that you drive the Daytona that far. I have had mine out a few times but I have been a little nervous. The car is in such outstanding condition that I stay to cautious at this point to enjoy it. I have decided though that I am going to drive it. I refuse to have it just sit in the garage like a trophy. The only problem is that I know it will be hard to keep it in its current near perfect condition if I use it. But then I ask myself, What the hell is the point of having it if I don't drive it?? I am going to put some miles on it!!

Good idea. Let's drive these cars. Let the next owner have a little something to clean and fix. When we buy a new car it is only new once. After a few issues it becomes easier to drive.