News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar paint colors in a can?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, April 26, 2013, 06:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Does any one make Mopar body color paint in a spray can?

I know there used to be a place called "Mopaints" but I can't seem to find anything current on them.

I need some 1972 Sunfire yellow  ;)

DC_1

I know around me some of the auto body supply shops that mix and sell paint can mix up some and put it in a spray bomb..... Give some of the ones around you a call

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on April 26, 2013, 06:29:17 PM
auto body supply shops...  Give some of the ones around you a call

No such thing out here in East Overshoe, Nowhere. :rotz:

That I'm aware of, anyway. :shruggy:

Need to point and click and wait for the brown truck... ;)

richRTSE

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 26, 2013, 07:42:01 PM
Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on April 26, 2013, 06:29:17 PM
auto body supply shops...  Give some of the ones around you a call

No such thing out here in East Overshoe, Nowhere. :rotz:

That I'm aware of, anyway. :shruggy:

Need to point and click and wait for the brown truck... ;)

I think a friend of mine had it done at NAPA...they mixed some T5 for some steel wheels he wanted to paint...

1970Moparmann

I need some also.  What about getting it from Totally Auto?

http://www.totallyautoinc.com/
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

DC_1

The Napa store by me that carries autobody supplies and mixes DuPont paint for local body shops. They will also mix up some for a rattle can also

What are you wanting to paint? Why not buy a cheap paint gun and shoot it with some single stage?

1970Moparmann

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on April 26, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
The Napa store by me that carries autobody supplies and mixes DuPont paint for local body shops. They will also mix up some for a rattle can also

What are you wanting to paint? Why not buy a cheap paint gun and shoot it with some single stage?

Would you know if a 19/20 gallon air compressor can do some small jobs with a single stage?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

71ChallengeHer

BAPS here in York, Pa will make rattle cans and ship them. I can not post the link from my iPad . 717-767-6544 ask for Denis and tell him you are friends with Jackie that has the Challenger. He is a great guy. I got rattle cans for the Chally and the Daytona. He also has all the argents.  :2thumbs:  and about 80 percent of the Mopar interior colors done all PPG paint .

DC_1

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 26, 2013, 08:20:39 PM
Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on April 26, 2013, 08:19:04 PM

Would you know if a 19/20 gallon air compressor can do some small jobs with a single stage?

You could probably get away with a small detail /touch up gun with a 3oz cup. As long as you were only painting small parts or maybe a rim. That compressor would not satisfy the air demand of a full size gun.....or even a small gun being used continuously to paint a large panel.

JB400

O Reilly's does it.  I got a can of Corvette Flame Red for around $11 for a can.  I got it in 2 days.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 26, 2013, 11:35:50 PM
O Reilly's does it.  I got a can of Corvette Flame Red for around $11 for a can.  I got it in 2 days.

:scratchchin: Worth a shot...

Daytona R/T SE

ottawamerc

I had a can made up at my local supplier a Dupont product I think, it was fairly pricey at around $40 and even though the color was correct it gave poor results. My body guy says it is due to being a single part mix rather than a 2 part that would give a better shine. It is my first and last rattle can. :Twocents:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

DC_1

Quote from: ottawamerc on April 27, 2013, 08:32:10 AM
I had a can made up at my local supplier a Dupont product I think, it was fairly pricey at around $40 and even though the color was correct it gave poor results. My body guy says it is due to being a single part mix rather than a 2 part that would give a better shine. It is my first and last rattle can. :Twocents:

I agree....I try to avoid rattle cans on anything but the most basic of things like bolt heads, linkage arms or un seen brackets. Anythink body colour or black and highly visible gets at the very least single stage shot through a small HVLP detail gun. I can do it in the garage with my small 20 gal compressor.