News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dual exhaust for 68 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl

Started by Inspector71, April 29, 2013, 08:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector71

I can't remember or find where I posted this even after extensive searching. I have a 68 Charger that I bought minus the engine. The VIN has a "G" for the motor which, depending on what book you are reading, is a 383 2 or 4 bbl. The fender tag number for the motor is a "43" meaning 383 4bbl. It has dual exhaust with no H-pipe. I was wondering if the dual exhaust was what would have come on the car. On this forum, I think, a forum member sent me to a link from Chrysler depicting a 383 4 bbl dual exhaust for my car and it matched to a T. I could have sworn I copied the picture but can't find them, the link, or the post. If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Inspector71

Mopar Nut: My apologies for you having to do this for me. Yes, yes, that is what I was looking for. I copied and saved it this time. Again, I appreciate the help as I move toward summer and more work on this car. The front fenders are straight, but. so rusted and cracked they will probably not go back on. The dual exhaust will stay the sam but I'll go with R/T exhaust tips. I tried a google search for what you posted and came up with nothing so this is a big help. :2thumbs: