News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford/Chevy Hydroboost

Started by Calif240, April 25, 2013, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

So, I'm thinking of getting a Hydroboost off of a 2003 Mustang Cobra. From what I've research thus far, it looks like a pretty simple swap. I would need to change the mounting plate to match my firewall (unless I drill new holes). I would need to get new lines and a preferably a small fluid cooler. I'm wondering if anyone has done this? I love the Hydroboost concept, but don't want to spend $650 for the entire Mopar Kit from Hydratech when I can get a Hydroboost off one of the Chevy or Ford HD/SuperDuty trucks or the Mustang Cobras for $50-100.

Any reason why this is a bad idea? Any thing I should consider? I figured I would just use a Mustang master cylinder from Wilwood or similar also. My car is not numbers matching, looks stock from outside, but has a few bells inside and under the hood.

Thanks,

Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Rolling_Thunder

IIRC the mustang mounts the master cylinder vertical - where as the Chevy Astro Van mounts it horizontal like a standard chrysler.

I used the astro van booster with a Dodge Ramcharger master cylinder. I used a Talon hydraulic mounting plate.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip