News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

six pac throttle cables

Started by FJ5WING, April 26, 2013, 08:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

where can I get a repop throttle cable for a 70 B body? the one I got from Y.O. has the incorrect pedal end and wont work.

TIA!
wingless now, but still around.

FJ5WING

:lol:

:nutkick:

I restored my original and I think its better than a new one. Thanks anyway.

bill440rt

I used a HEMI cable on my '69 with the 6-pack.
When ordering I couldn't find a 6-pack cable, either. Everyone I spoke with said they were using HEMI cables.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

66FBCharger

I found my 70 b body six barrel cable at Kramer automotive. The packaging said Imperial Services so obviously they make them. You could probably go directly to them to buy them.
I've looked for years and could only find six barrel throttle cables for e bodies and 71 and up e bodies.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

FJ5WING

Thanks everyone!

I ended up putting some hours into my original. I soaked the engine side in some evaporust and then went at the middle plated piece with some steel wool and a buffing wheel. the interior side was perfect and just sufficed cleaning that up with some simple green and wiped the cablecasing with lacquer thinner.
Once I get a color Im happy with and paint the end I'll post a pic or two.

luvcharger

Quote from: FJ5WING on April 26, 2013, 08:28:11 PM
where can I get a repop throttle cable for a 70 B body? the one I got from Y.O. has the incorrect pedal end and wont work.

TIA!

Assuming you returned it to YO?

Was thinking of getting some dash kits from them and was wondering how their customer service was.....

FJ5WING

Year One's customer service is some of the best especially since youre dealing with such a big company not a one man show.

As long as you keep your invoice they will take anything/everything back. Ive returned things years later....JUST SAVE YOUR INVOICES!