News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nascar question

Started by flyinlow, April 29, 2013, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Do Nascars have limited slip axles?

Aero426

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Green71R/T

Quote from: odcics2 on April 29, 2013, 08:13:27 PM
:iagree:

Detroit Locker.

Not a Spool? we ran fully locked on an oval.use stagger and alignment to corner.actually had  to work to go straight.let go of the wheel and it goes left on its own.

Highbanked Hauler

Is a spool and a ratchet the same thing ? :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Cooter

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on April 30, 2013, 09:36:12 PM
Is a spool and a ratchet the same thing ? :shruggy:

No....

Spool is a machined piece of steel, with splines in both sides and NO seperate pieces at all, that Actually "locks" both axles together all the time. No "Ratcheting" at all. Good way to break sh*t on the street. (Friend found this out the hard way with mustangs.

Any "Ratcheting" unit will give and therefore, is called a "differential" for that reason.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Indygenerallee

On all the street stock classes most of the guys at my track just weld the spider gears, works and it's cheap, You just have to make sure you clean the tar out of it with about 5 cans of brake parts cleaner!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.