News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gun buy back programs

Started by Paul G, April 26, 2013, 05:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Many years ago I went to a City auction. Lots of people there. I was interested in a couple of Corvettes they had. Both older, both ratty, at the right price they could have been turned around for a small $$ profit. It was ridiculous watching these people out bid each other. The two Vettes ended up selling for what you could get a decent Corvette for on a CL or even a used car lot. Just nutz. Same thing for the used cop cars. That was my last time at an auction. Maybe that is why the TV shows try to auction these high dollar exotic cars. And they end up losing there ass anyway.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

charge69

I have only attended a couple of auctions but, .... the people were crazy bidding against each other (this was for rifles and pistols in an estate auction in a small town between here and San Antonio) and quickly went up to more than the guns were worth. People seem to loose perspective quickly when bidding against one another.

Not anxious to attend another auction despite the stories of bargains found there!

redmist

A group over on ARFCOM rounded up a bunch of broken old revolvers and such and took them to a buy back. They then took the cash and purchased brand new Ruger MKII Pistols for a local youth shooting group.   :nana:   :2thumbs:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Cooter

Auctions are nothing more than ego contests with the Rich having the bigger ego...Evil-Bay was like this until they started all those rediculous fees.

People don't care about the price as much as "I'm the clear winner here, and if you can't see that, I'll simply run the money up until you can't afford it. That'll show YOU!" Meanwhile, BOTH parties are thinking the same thing, while the others are laughing all the way to the bank. Dumbasses. Yet, people STILL go thinking they are gonna score the deal of the century. Lemme know WTF you want, if it's too much I'll be sure and let you know before I leave it there. Simple.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Paul G

Well, got to the church they were doing the gun buy back at just about an hour before it was scheduled to close. The parking lot entrance was closed off, some cops in the lot but no one else. Some guys were hanging around on the sidewalk so I asked them how to get in. One guy tells me they ran out of gift cards already and it is over, asked if I had something I wanted to sell. Yep I said, a Sterling 22lr. He asked if he could see it, that he might buy it. He looked it over and offered $100 cash. You bet. The guys there were buying guns just so they would not get destroyed. He asked if I had others? I said yes I do but not selling any of them. Told him I was going to get some more ammo with the $100.   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bull

They must be getting wise to the cash thing because there's a buy-back happening here on May 11 but they give you a $100 gift certificate. Still, one of the two stores they give you certificates for does sell ammo in many locations. :2thumbs: I'll probably take the safest gun in my house, my little POS "semi-auto" Jennings .22 pistol, and dump it. A friend was going to buy it for $5 until he tried firing it. It jammed after every round, effectively making it a single shot, and it only sold for something like $35 new, so he gave it back. That's some serious garbage when you can't get $5 for a gun.

Patronus

I never had a gun that didn't pay for itself in the first few hours.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

My wife stood in line for an hour today and got $100 in gift cards for a POS Jennings .22 pistol that was not worth $10. And I kept the magazine to sell on Ebay. A stupid liberal idea that finally worked in favor of the Average Joe.

AKcharger

Quote from: bull on May 11, 2013, 06:16:25 PM
My wife stood in line for an hour today and got $100 in gift cards for a POS Jennings .22 pistol that was not worth $10. And I kept the magazine to sell on Ebay. A stupid liberal idea that finally worked in favor of the Average Joe.
:2thumbs:

mauve66

good thing those crimes won't be solved now that the evidence will be cut up and melted
oh yeah, home boy already has a replacement too
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak