News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brother in laws' new investment!

Started by Magnumcharger, April 25, 2013, 08:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

I'm not sure if he got screwed in this deal. He sold a nice '70 Super Bee with a 440 Sixpack (original 383 car) to get the funds for this "dream car".
Its been a long time since I bought a Charger...but 12K for this seems like the outer edge of the envelope. ::)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Magnumcharger

more pix

Magnumcharger

last bit

JB400

I agree as well that $12k was a little on the high side, but glad to hear there's another one in the works :2thumbs:  Any idea if he's gonna sign on here? :popcrn:

skip68

I'm not saying he got screwed but I think he overpaid by about $4,000.    Does it run &drive?     How's the frame rails?    Anyway, it's his dream car so try not to bust his balls.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger500rt71

Not familiar with that year fender tag but been in the body/paint biz for 25+ years and I can spot a turd when I see one. Sorry just being honest.

vancamp

He paid a premium for it around here that would probably bring $6000 to $7000

Baldwinvette77

well it looks like it'll need a new roof among other things, but hey, a few years from now when he turns the key everyone will think It was money well spent  :2thumbs:

Cooter

As long as it's His Dream car, He did ok...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

aussiemuscle

looks like a vast amount of work required. at least it has cool mags. are those Turbines?

it's not what i'd class as an investment. money pit would be more accurate.

Daytona R/T SE

Give me his phone number.

I tried for over a year to sell my '68 and I couldn't get half that price for it. :brickwall:

It has a roof AND frame rails. ::)

projectanimal

Quote from: Cooter on April 25, 2013, 09:17:03 PM
As long as it's His Dream car, He did ok...

X2
:2thumbs:
Bring it back to life and drive the snot out of her!!!
northwest CT

Fred

Obviously he thought it was worth 12K and happy to pay it. It's not about getting screwed or could have done better, it's all about how fabulously good you feel deep inside (like life is just the best) when you've purchased something you wanted more than anything......That's all that matters.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 25, 2013, 10:50:48 PM

I tried for over a year to sell my '68 and I couldn't get half that price for it. :brickwall:

Where are you located, I sold my 68 for 6 grand on craigslist in a week. The car was only a shell, ready for sandblasting, needing major rust repair and all wiring. I did have tires on it and a perfect grill. My wife was so pissed on how many people called. The guy I decided to sell it to was 1200 miles away. Did I mention that it was a 318 car? And It had a roof AND frame rails.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

six-tee-nine

Well, I bought my 69 in '06 and I overpayed kinda nicely compared to today's prices, thinking prices would only go up rapidly. If I knew I'd waited and saved the cash I spended already in parts. I would be able to buy a REALLY nice driver today.

I sometimes think about that but it is too late and I rather look forward.

On topic : If you sell a nice six pack Bee for a rough Charger you have to admit that the guy has taste. And If its really his dream car he will look forward and go for it.

On a side note : there are always better deals but maybe this car was close by so he knew what he got for his money. How many guys got ripped off when they tought they scored the best deal on earth?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 26, 2013, 02:45:00 AM

Where are you located, I sold my 68 for 6 grand on craigslist in a week. The car was only a shell, ready for sandblasting, needing major rust repair and all wiring. I did have tires on it and a perfect grill. My wife was so pissed on how many people called. The guy I decided to sell it to was 1200 miles away. Did I mention that it was a 318 car? And It had a roof AND frame rails.

PM Sent... ;)

C928BRAN

my car was extremly rough when i got it, but it was given to me, so no complaints here. a car is only worth, what somebody is willing to pay for it.

70 Charger RT

Yea, he may have overpaid but on the flip side, he got his dream car.  My RT was in worse shape than that.  I got through my resto.  And there's a lot of sheet metal available  now than what there used to be.  Robin.  Does he need a trunk lid?  I have the one off my 70 still.  It has some rust on the back lip but can be fixed.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

elanmars

if I had $3000 more, I'd SO get that 68....
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

F8-4life

He should have kept the 6 ppk super bee. Around here that is maybe a 4-7k charger.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: elanmars on April 26, 2013, 02:37:45 PM

if I had $3000 more, I'd SO get that 68....

Well...

Start saving your pennies :Twocents:

brigond

Wow, I'm certain that he could've had a better start off .with his dream car . I'm guessing that he did not seek or want any outside guidance when choosing his dream car . Most important is that he is happy and ready to dig in.
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rosco

Quote from: Fred on April 26, 2013, 12:36:38 AM
Obviously he thought it was worth 12K and happy to pay it. It's not about getting screwed or could have done better, it's all about how fabulously good you feel deep inside (like life is just the best) when you've purchased something you wanted more than anything......That's all that matters.

Having just bought my own '69, and paying more than the car itself is perhaps worth since it's already been imported to here, I know that exact feeling!

Just being able to sit in it, knowing that you own it, makes up for the price!
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"