News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Values

Started by Coronet440, April 25, 2013, 05:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coronet440

When I decided to purchase my car I started looking all over the internet to really determine a current market value. I just could not find many for sale to compare it against. In your opinions, what is a good price on a nicely restored Daytona in this current market and do you feel values will rise again in the future?? Thanks!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Coronet440 on April 25, 2013, 05:59:15 AM
When I decided to purchase my car I started looking all over the internet to really determine a current market value. I just could not find many for sale to compare it against. In your opinions, what is a good price on a nicely restored Daytona in this current market and do you feel values will rise again in the future?? Thanks!!

You're sort of asking the wrong people. We're all pretty much jaded individuals. I've been trying to sell mine for nearly 3 years to get another one ( no longer the case now, my V2's a keeper ). There are very few people with the sort of money to buy Daytonas ( nice ones ) to begin with. Then, there are those that love Daytonas but don't have the money. Finally, there are very few of us that have both the money and desire to own one. Not sure what Daisy settled on for your Daytona, but I would be think it is safe to say it isn't what they initially wanted. The market hasn't fully recovered. There's no way in heck I'd let mine go for less than 140K. I did this last time get an offer for 130K but the person eventually bought another one. The economic law of Supply and Demand does play into this. But, not all the "supply" are in the same sort of condition, some people aren't willing or wanting to put their Daytonas through the Mecum/BJ spectacle, etc.... The price will also depend on color combination, engine combination, whether or not is has its original drivetrain, survivor, etc...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Coronet440

Thanks for the input!! It makes perfect sense!!

WINGIN IT

Asking prices are all over the place on these cars, as you must have noticed.
Auction prices vary, and we never know the price sold for private party deals.

That said, a lot what Troy said is true, supply and demand, limited market, and options ( color combo/tranny/engine ) all come in to play.

Hagerty has a new valuation tool based on model.
I entered in a Daytona 440 , and the average price since 2006 ( which would have to be based on public sales / auctions) is $126,306.    They don't say what condition, so without taking all the data points and averaging them,  for arguement's sake say it's an average of all conditions.  Which may not  be a fair comparison .
But you can at least use the graph based on the condition of your car and get an estimate :

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=433400

Or see attached PDF of historical values .

I think most will feel their car will fall under #2 , ( except for those concourse guys- you know who you are  ;D  )
But I personally would look at an estimate between 2 and 3 to be conservative and use the most recent value as a guide.
So that's between $166K (#2 condition) and $120K (#3 condition) . Average of those 2 is $143K as of Dec 2012 according to the data they provide.  

I would also take the info with a grain of salt, as with most valuation tools .
Note the comments they have for the Charger Model in general:

For base cpe and 500 models: -20% for slant six. For base cpe, 500, and R/T: +15% for SE pkg. For all Chargers: +20% for 4-spd. -10% for auto. Colors can make an astonishing difference in both value and salability.

I definitely agree with their last comment about how colors can make a big difference , not sure about all the other points , but I'm sure it all comes in to play in some way .   :Twocents:

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 25, 2013, 09:47:46 AM

I definitely agree with their last comment about how colors can make a big difference , not sure about all the other points , but I'm sure it all comes in to play in some way .   :Twocents:

Ryan, that's why, your Daytona will hold its value tremendously......... I love my V2, it is a GREAT color, but pretty much tied with R4 as the most common Daytona color too (well, there's a reason for that, it IS a great color - Dodge knew what they were doing)  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

Any Daytona that is originally Q5 has a wing up on the competition.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on April 25, 2013, 11:50:40 AM
Any Daytona that is originally Q5 has a wing up on the competition.

Ohhhh, that was a good one Dougy   :2thumbs:
Troy

maxwellwedge

80k if you are buying............200k if you are selling.    :icon_smile_cool:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 25, 2013, 12:08:16 PM
80k if you are buying............200k if you are selling.    :icon_smile_cool:

Jimbo, you're the Donald Trump of Mopar !!!!   :smilielol:
Troy

maxwellwedge

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 25, 2013, 12:47:08 PM
But with good hair.... :lol:

And he hasn't fired Six Pack Frank. 

Mytur Binsdirti

My Daytona was sold this past January. It was the 3rd one built, matching numbers, 62K miles, 440/automatic, all original body panels, no rust, fresh restoration. It sold for $1_5,000.00 and I think I was lucky to get that.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on April 25, 2013, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 25, 2013, 12:47:08 PM
But with good hair.... :lol:

And he hasn't fired Six Pack Frank. 

:smilielol:  Hope not !!!!!  Frank has his Muscle Car Stamp Keep-sake............
Troy

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 25, 2013, 02:18:51 PM
My Daytona was sold this past January. It was the 3rd one built, matching numbers, 62K miles, 440/automatic, all original body panels, no rust, fresh restoration. It sold for $1_5,000.00 and I think I was lucky to get that.
how much is $1_5,000.oo
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

hemi68charger

Quote from: Budnicks on April 25, 2013, 03:42:12 PM
how much is $1_5,000.oo

Ancient Chinese secret.......
Troy

Mytur Binsdirti

how much is $1_5,000.oo

What would your guess be?  :popcrn:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 25, 2013, 05:00:56 PM
how much is $1_5,000.oo

What would your guess be?  :popcrn:

Ah, it's fill in the blank right?

I'll say 125K ;)

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mytur Binsdirti

pettybird

They're all junk and should be crushed to save mother earth.

WINGIN IT

Mytur Binsdirti

WINGIN IT

Hi -Lee, Hi- Lo  - WOOOO WOOO  ! :lol: