News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

S&J Any Feedback?

Started by Hud, April 25, 2013, 04:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hud

I was randomly searching for engines on the net and came across this place.  I have a bare 440, with heads curious if anyone knows anything about this place. Seems to cheap in relation to other places on the net.  If it seems up and up, Id send my block in for a core in a heartbeat.  Dont wanna get hosed. Most of the time you get what you pay for.

https://www.sandjengines.com/rebuilt-auto-engines/PLYMOUTH/ROADRUNNER/_/MOP-440LB/3697
1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1973 Jeep CJ6, 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ, 2012, 2012 Harley Davidson Street-Bob, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

charger500rt71

My  :Twocents:

Buying an engine from a mass production service scares me, sloppy machine work, poor quality parts, abused rods, under cut crank,ect ect ect...By the time you factor shipping charges it may cost you more than a local engine builder. Make a wish list of parts and get some quotes for machine work and see what the real difference is. You don't have to over spend on a engine but you do get what you pay for. Good luck.

Hud

I completely understand what you are saying and it makes perfect sense, but did you see the warranty? Thats confidence in my opinion but all in all  :shruggy:
1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1973 Jeep CJ6, 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ, 2012, 2012 Harley Davidson Street-Bob, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

charger500rt71

What good is a warranty when you on the side of the road with a spun rod bearing. The cost of the tow and the time and money of taking the engine out then sending it back to S&J, waiting for days or weeks only to get a responce its not covered because they feel you over reved the engine bla bla bla. Go to the local cruise spot and ask around.

Hud

Got this from over at CC.com thought I would share here. Don't think of me being over there as well as an allegiance thing I just like both forums. 

http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-parts/s-j-engines/s-j-engines-s-and-j-engines-s-b0cd4.htm

This one report is enough for me to discount anything I would have possibly thought was good about the deal.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip