News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird back window molding clips?

Started by FJ5WING, April 25, 2013, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Can anyone tell me which clips to buy to install the trim around the rear window?

TIA,
Dave
wingless now, but still around.

DAY CLONA

the clips for the Superbird are the same as 69-70 Coronet RR/GTX/Sat...Legendary has a clip kit that does front and back glass for the Bird pn#WG68CRWH-CLIP $47

FJ5WING

Aero426

I think they are the same as the front w/s clips as well.   Nothing special.

FJ5WING

Thanks Doug!

hey Mike....youre either a VIP buyer or have an old catalog. the price listed at Legendary is $69.  :P

pettybird

Save yourself some aggravation and look closely at the new clips vs. your old ones.  I've seen a LOT of newer clips that are made of significantly thicker metal, and putting the trim on is nearly impossible unless you pry them open a bit. 

If you get thin ones, let me know where they're coming from...I'll get a set to have on hand for later.

RealWing

You need 22 of the blue (original) clip in the photo. Replacements can be somewhat thicker like pettybird indicated, so you have to do some "adjustment" after you get them installed to ensure the trim will easily clip into place.
You need 4 of the yellow (original) clips. 2 go in each lower corner.
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

RealWing

This photo shows where the 2 larger clips go in each of the lower corners
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

RealWing

Not sure if you have the front window clips or not? There are 3 different types of clips for the front window. I've got photos of those if you need them. (or PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you a Word document with all the gory details)
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

FJ5WING

Thanks Jim

AWESOME PICS! Did you use new clips? whats the application for the larger rear clips?

sending a PM.

RealWing

Dave

yes, I used all new clips. Based on what I remember, I took my original clips to Carlisle and just kept looking until I found the exact replacements. I looked back through my files but didn't see any invoice, so don't know where I got them. I suspect the front is just a stock RR, but the uppers may be different because there is a vinyl roof??
Jim
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
2015 BMW K1600 GTL