News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

problem tune up 440 engine.

Started by brumono, April 25, 2013, 08:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brumono

Hey guys, once again I'm here asking for your help, at the end of my last post after seeing that he could not improvement in the performance of my 440 engine, decide change now I have installed carburetor street avenger holley with electric choke and vacuum secondary 760cfm.
I have two problems to solve:
Problem 1, the engine starts perfectly temperatures throughout the engine are good  before had problems with the heat in the exhaust manifolds, the engine remains at idle perfect, and set my timming light and BTDC is 12 °, the problem is that when accelerated the BTDC is passed 35º unconnected port vacuum at my carburetor  and 50 ° or more if I connect the socket in the distributor , all this occurs at about 3000rpm @, my distributor  has installed the kit for distribution elctronic of mopar and Ecu which is also one of mopar distributor that controls the engine as you know this completely rebuilt but the distributor  and Ecu are not changed are the original had, but I guess if the idle is maintained, they have to work well when accelerated, the problem also occurs when accelerated, then I guess going from the distribution point explosion order you move too fast and it sounds like the cylinders fail.
2 problem is that when the engine is idling, the car keeps vibrates a lot, the engine does not vibrate but if the car and sped when  more vibrates more with my timming light and seen as progress when sped up without progress carburetor connected , is it normal that the distributor advance without the vacuum connected carburetor?.
A greeting await your responses, deputy sent a link which shows the engine running with pruevas this morning, a greeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LglDyflCPl8&feature=youtu.be