News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Big Blocks

Started by Big Sugar, April 23, 2013, 03:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Black ...anyone have any good shots of Big Blocks painted black  ?

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Big Sugar on April 23, 2013, 03:58:54 PM
Black ...anyone have any good shots of Big Blocks painted black  ?

Ron

Sure here ya go.....

Sorry couldnt resist ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

c00nhunterjoe

Here's my secret weapon.... almost done....

General_01

You can paint it black if you want, but you won't see much after it is in. In case you can't see it, the block is painted black in my '71. It might have a better impact if you paint the water pump housing, water pump, heads and intake black also.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

moparguy01

not sure why you would want to paint it black? I personally like bright colors. It makes it easier to see the oil leaks so I can get them taken care of! :2thumbs:

JB400

I think there's an urban legend that black makes them run cooler.  True or not, dunno. :shruggy:  If someone's looking for an excuse to use the engine dyno... :scratchchin:

Cooter

Quote from: moparguy01 on April 23, 2013, 11:23:02 PM
not sure why you would want to paint it black? I personally like bright colors. It makes it easier to see the oil leaks so I can get them taken care of! :2thumbs:

Sometimes, that EXACTLY why one paints it black. I know with orange, you pretty much have to keep an arsenal of rattle cans in the trunk to touch up paint so it doens't look like you've had the engine in the car for 40 years.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

firefighter3931

The 572 is Black & Aluminum  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

John_Kunkel

You didn't say which brand "Big Block".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.