News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New wheels and finally some grip for the HEMI...

Started by bzabodyn, April 22, 2013, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzabodyn

Ordered some Diamondback redline radials a few weeks back (245/60/15 front - 275/60/15 rear) and they finally hit this last week. I've had a set of black cop car wheels for a while - only question is do I leave them as is or pop on the redline dog dish hubcaps? I've have two sets so I'll probably sell the other if I keep the all black look.

I do have a question though - what are you guys torquing your lug nuts to? I would have guessed 100lbs but I read something in the manual that said 65lbs?

Any rate - enjoy the quick cell phone pics:

Pic with the DD - 710whp CTS-V wagon, mid 10's in 1/4, 186mph standing mile...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

charge69

Awesome pics of the Charger! I would, at least, give the redline hubcaps a look to see if it looks good. I would imagine it will look great with or without the caps. just your choice!

That must be a badazz cadillac ! It sure looks the part! Holy cow !!!

tcs69rt

Well Sir, those are some fine rides! But I'd like to challenge you to a race. Ya see I retired out of the USAF in Italy and I brought back a 1955 Vespa with 8 HP running 52 seconds @ 28 MPH in the 1/4 mile. And if you bring that golf cart up here I think we should race! :yesnod:

HAHA! Keep us posted, beautiful Charger!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

bzabodyn

Hahaha - awesome Vespa! You never know what the golf cart got under the seat ;)

Carl - I posted a bunch of pics of the Caddy Wagon in the daily driver thread in "other cars" section. Blown, cammed, meth injection - whoever thought you'd say that about a Cadillac much less a wagon!

BZ

JB400

I'd prefer my disc brakes torqued to 100, drums should probably be the factory 65.  Car looks great :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

RIDELIKEHELL

Looks awesome! Thos CTSV Caddys are sick!!!!!!!! I'll have to go read about yours now  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charge69

Hello Brandon,   The Caddy does look badazz in the other thread but it doesn't display the fact that you are about to get whipped by a.......... Caddy!!!

Gotta be fun messing with the Corvette crowd in that thing!  Very few street cars can keep up, especially surrounded in "Caddilac" luxury!

Put the hubcaps on the Charger and leave them on for a few days and see how you like the look.  I imagine it will look really nice!

Carl

bill440rt

Very nice!  :drool5:
I just ordered a set of 4 redline radials from Diamondback last week, 255/60-15's. I went with the ones based on the Coopers.

Most torque specs for aluminum wheels are around 100lbs. Steel wheels might vary, but I know the ones on my trailer are around 100lbs also.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Sweet ride!

What's the rim size and backspace on the rear?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bzabodyn

I went with 15x7 front, 15x8 rear - both with 4.5" back spacing. I ordered 4" for the rear but they were on back order at the time so I went with what they had.

Good info on the torque specs - gracias. Thanks for all the compliments - ill post some pics with the caps on tomorrow and get your opinions.

BZ

Dino

Quote from: bzabodyn on April 23, 2013, 05:34:09 PM
I went with 15x7 front, 15x8 rear - both with 4.5" back spacing. I ordered 4" for the rear but they were on back order at the time so I went with what they had.

Good info on the torque specs - gracias. Thanks for all the compliments - ill post some pics with the caps on tomorrow and get your opinions.

BZ

Thanks for the info!   :2thumbs:

I'm still debating 4" bs instead of 4.5".  I may find a wheel I like with a 4.25" bs so that would settle it for me.

I said it before and I will say it again, sweet ride!

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bzabodyn

Dino - I wouldn't worry about 4" if you're going to run a 275, plenty of room. Now a 295/50 might be another issue...

Thanks Troy!

BZ

Dino

Quote from: bzabodyn on April 24, 2013, 08:05:01 PM
Dino - I wouldn't worry about 4" if you're going to run a 275, plenty of room. Now a 295/50 might be another issue...

Thanks Troy!

BZ

Great!  Now all I have to do is find a 15x8 that actually has less than 4.5" bs....

Would a spacer be a bad idea?

tan top

looks awesome with black wheels  :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: ;)

i read somewhere its really important not to over torque the factory type steel wheel , because its easy to bore the lug nut through the stud hole & touch the drum  :shruggy:  :scratchchin: :yesnod:  ,
torque mine to 65 foot pounds , or what ever the FSM call for  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bzabodyn

Honestly I don't drive it hard enough to probably make a difference but after I put a few more miles on them I'll crank em down a little tighter.

I would really discourage against spacers, esp on older wheel styles that aren't hub centric. I've used them in the past with mixed results - just not worth it, I'd wait to find the right wheels or run wider tires.

BZ

charge69

Come on, Brandon.  I've been looking forward to pics of your Charger with the Hubcaps on it and you haven't posted them yet!  The new wheels with Caps will look great!

bzabodyn

Sorry Carl - they're on and look good, better than without them IMHO - sorry, pics tomorrow!

BZ

bzabodyn

gschmidt211

I personally like the dog dishes better than just plain wheels.  The car looks great!
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charge69

Oh yeah,  that does look better!  Thanks for the pics,  Brandon.

440 Fanatic

68Charger4me