News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original owner of a white Bird...

Started by thehemikid, April 24, 2013, 06:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehemikid

Anyone here buy a white Bird new,... that also worked in the Boilermakers on the construction of the TVA Cumberland City, Tn. Power Plant during ~1970-71?

62 Max

thehemikid

That I don't know.  I didn't get that close a look, maybe 15-20' like a 3/4 view from the drivers side rear. I was 12 yrs old at the time & I would see the car in a trailer park a little past the Plant when my brothers & I would go fishing just past the park. That once I had to have a closer look & never forgot it.

Edit: I would go fishing just so I could see the bird, & that was a 9 mile ride on my bike, & it wasn't always there.

In ~1997 I was talking to my dad about Superbirds & it jogged a memory of his about a fellow worker that got hurt ( on the job or off he didn't say) & was on lite duty for a while, so they put him in the Blue Print room with my dad. My dad was the Expeditor/Blue Print man for the Boilermakers on that job.  Anyway, dad said that that car was all he ever talked about.  That's when I realized the first bird I ever saw in person, from yrs  earlier, belonged to a Boilermaker & was probably from District 57 out of Chattanooga. 

Was just remembering the car again while on this forum & thought ..."I wonder if he is on here".