News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R U Faster than a Redneck??

Started by MagnumForce, April 21, 2013, 09:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnumForce

Any of you guys watch it?? Take away most of the scripted crap and bad acting and its actually a pretty good show. The racing on the show is usually pretty competitive and the show overall is entertaining.
If You Ain't First, You're Last!!

Kern Dog

I'm watching it right now. John Reep is a decent comedian during his stand-up routine.

JB400

Not bad if you use the Mute button

Old Moparz

I was surprised when I watched it for the first time about a week ago, it was fun to watch. Yeah, it's scripted, but it is funny. Even my daughter liked it & she never watches TV.  :lol:

There are a few import cars on there that are true sleepers, like that Audi station wagon.   :o
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

SRT-440

Love the show...and think it's pretty funny...scripted and all. A couple of those redneck cars don't handle as good as they look..like that black 69 Camaro with the number "13" on the sides...everytime it's out there is spins out. And those mustangs almost always lose. S
ome of the imports they choose are lame...lets see some real match ups like more GTR's and Supras...600hp Camaros against almost stock Suburus doesn't seem fair.

Hope it comes back next season...and I hope they add some new cars to the mix...but over all I really enjoy the show.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

A383Wing

that yellow or orange Mustang always went off track...it was a 66 I think...

the episode with the gal driving the Mini Cooper was good...along with the last show ...that was a close race

Bryan

bzabodyn

Lot of the "rednecks" are members on pro-touring.com. Pretty cool care but anytime they are put up against anything half ass with a decent driver behind the wheel they get their ass handed to them. IE the red GT-R that was on one episode.

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

bajaherbie

i used to respect ken squier, but not any more.... he has stooped to a new low.

some of the WRX's run pretty good!

mauve66

funny show, just some fat good ol boys (maybe i can join??) having fun, but why you think a 4000 lb fairlane can make a fast corner is KINDA silly.................
having Kenny Wallace drive the finale was great, i don't care if we (rednecks) cheat, i care if we win :coolgleamA:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

surmanajaja

I watched all episodes. they had to have told the "rednecks" to lose/spin, otherwise I cant understand how guys who have driven those cars decades would drive off the track like that...some nice cars there, one is a members, isnt it? a 3rd gen charger in  one episode.

also a lot of the import drivers looked like theyre 1st time on track+dont know their car.

we have a show here where ppl can bring their car, whatever it is, a 65 vette or a 2010 audi rs6, and a F1 driver (formerly for ferrari team) drives the car on track as fast as he can. most of the cars can go very close to each other, a 1979 toyota 4-banger beat skylines,mitsu evos etc and a 1995 mustang cobra with mods was around one sec behind of the fastest modern cars.

Aero426

Quote from: bajaherbie on April 23, 2013, 06:17:29 PM
i used to respect ken squier, but not any more.... he has stooped to a new low.

I thought Ken played a pretty good straight man.    Here is an OLD pic of Ken, far right of pic. It's July 72 at Malta NY, NASCAR Northern Tour.   He was probably the track announcer.

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger