News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 318

Started by cowboy4x4n, April 22, 2013, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

I purchased another 69 block 318 truck long block to rebuild in place of my numbers block currently in the car.  I wanted to do some upgrades and get better performance from the motor such as heads and a cam possibly a 390 stroker.  I took apart this spare block to find flat top pistons without any valve reliefs.  At TDC the piston is only approximately 1/8 in the hole if that.  The rods have numbers stamped on the caps as if it had been rebuilt.  Kinda curious if these are the stock pistons, they look cast.  I know in 69 compression was listed as 9:2.1.  any thoughts guys.

cowboy4x4n

Cooter

Just because it was "Advertised/Listed" as 9.2:1 Compression, doesn't mean it actually was. I've seen supposedly 10.0:1 350 GC motors with the pistons down in the hole .075"...

Sounds like it may have been rebuilt at one time, but no real way to tell. With the pistons that far in the hole, I'd say a safe bet would be more like around 8.0:1 Compression.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"