News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fan shroud

Started by vancamp, April 29, 2013, 06:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancamp

Does anyone make a good quality reproduction fan shroud, I'm on my third one and its warping.

bull

Where did you get yours? I see the Mancinii Racing catalogue has a good selection of shrouds.

vancamp

First one I got I ordered from bill alphin it was warped to the point that it would not even bolt up, he sent a replacement that was supposed to be made out of a different material but over the course of a couple years and a few hundred miles it warped and got into the fan and busted into pieces, so I got another from a buddy of mine who isnt that far along in his resto. that he bought from the same place and its shrinking/ warping to the point of contacting the fan as well. Is there anyone that makes one that doesn't shrink / warp.

Silver R/T

Are you looking for stock replacement one or aftermarket? Maybe look into stainless one.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bakerhillpins

Quote from: vancamp on May 01, 2013, 07:46:13 PM
First one I got I ordered from bill alphin it was warped to the point that it would not even bolt up, he sent a replacement that was supposed to be made out of a different material but over the course of a couple years and a few hundred miles it warped and got into the fan and busted into pieces, so I got another from a buddy of mine who isnt that far along in his resto. that he bought from the same place and its shrinking/ warping to the point of contacting the fan as well. Is there anyone that makes one that doesn't shrink / warp.

Wow that sucks!  I have 2 busted ones myself.   :-\
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

vancamp

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 01, 2013, 09:51:05 PM
Are you looking for stock replacement one or aftermarket? Maybe look into stainless one.
stock