News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Virginia

Started by twodko, April 18, 2013, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Any members live in the central part of Virginia? I may be moving there from Cali....closer to family.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

RTDaddy

Yup.  Lynchburg.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

70redbee

Not in Va. but less than 5 miles into Md. from northern Va.

twodko

I don't know what your winters are really like. Do you dry dock your cars during the winter?

Fred

Those were my first thoughts. Still, you'll get to enjoy some gloriuos Autumns.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on April 19, 2013, 12:35:50 AM
That's for sure, miss old Virginia.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

sunfire69

Winters are a tease....65 on Dec 30th...and 2 feet of snow on NewYears day.....Jan to March tend to be the worst weather wise....but our winters are pretty short as is the hottest part of the summer...I grew up just south of Woodbridge Va. it's about the best compromise in weather you'll find....JMHO
If your central as in Richmond...a little warmer and a little less snow....central as in Ronoke or somewhere along 81 more snow...and heavier snow....and winter tends to hang on a few extra weeks out there.....it's all what you make it....I'm not a fan of Richmond....but get away from the city and you just can't beat it....

Cooter

Yepper, Concord, bout 15 Min. outside Lynchburg.. Be prepared for some aggressive Road laws, and some strict State Inspection laws. Whatever was "cool" in Cali. on cars, won't be here.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

twodko

Thanks guys. Cali cool died a long time ago. The elected officials, both local and state, are killing us by attempting to repair their fiscal mismanagement by taxing the hell out of us. The ultra Libs/greenies have ruined this state. :Twocents:

Mopar Nut

Be prepared for high humidity.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

sunfire69

I forgot about that....your right he's coming from the west coast.....it will be something that will take some getting used to....

twodko

My first couple duty stations back in the early 70's were NAS Glynco Brunswick, Ga. and NAS Pensacola.
Both locales were pretty humid especially Georgia. Sure wouldn't hurt sweating off 20-30 pounds.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: twodko on April 18, 2013, 04:28:21 PM
Any members live in the central part of Virginia? I may be moving there from Cali....closer to family.

I lived in Charlottesville from 91-97. Couldn't have been happier to leave.  :yesnod: Can't stand the drivers. What the heck is it with everyone driving in the fast lanes at 5mph below the speed limit.  :shruggy:  Which wouldn't be so bad except they are abreast across every lane and never pass or allow traffic to overtake them.  :RantExplode:

Quote from: twodko on April 19, 2013, 12:33:39 AM
I don't know what your winters are really like. Do you dry dock your cars during the winter?

Winters in VA, at least when I was there were half the reason I left. But then again I like my winter sports. Plus, their brains short out or sumpin when it snows and everyone goes ape s**t. Everything starts to close if someone notices a snowflake in the air and they clean out the supermarkets of milk, eggs, and toilet paper.  :shruggy:  :silly: Food ok, but toilet paper?

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 19, 2013, 01:48:00 PM

That was the other half of the reason I left.

I still get those in New England.  :icon_smile_big:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mauve66

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 19, 2013, 05:18:32 PM
Quote from: twodko on April 18, 2013, 04:28:21 PM

I lived in Charlottesville from 91-97. Couldn't have been happier to leave.  :yesnod: Can't stand the drivers. What the heck is it with everyone driving in the fast lanes at 5mph below the speed limit.  :shruggy:  Which wouldn't be so bad except they are abreast across every lane and never pass or allow traffic to overtake them.  :RantExplode:

Quote from: twodko on April 19, 2013, 12:33:39 AM

Winters in VA, at least when I was there were half the reason I left. But then again I like my winter sports. Plus, their brains short out or sumpin when it snows and everyone goes ape s**t. Everything starts to close if someone notices a snowflake in the air and they clean out the supermarkets of milk, eggs, and toilet paper.  :shruggy:  :silly: Food ok, but toilet paper?

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 19, 2013, 01:48:00 PM

That was the other half of the reason I left.

I still get those in New England.  :icon_smile_big:

you want to be stuck in a house with someone who can't cleanup after eating a tub of peanut butter?? :rofl:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: twodko on April 19, 2013, 02:36:37 PM
My first couple duty stations back in the early 70's were NAS Glynco Brunswick, Ga. and NAS Pensacola.
Both locales were pretty humid especially Georgia. Sure wouldn't hurt sweating off 20-30 pounds.

Please let me know when you've got that figured out.   I've lived in the South almost my entire life and I can't manage to sweat any of these extra pounds off to save my life.   If it were that easy I'd be 50lbs ligther from May-September, but I'm not :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70