News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Bee info needed

Started by billfury, April 18, 2013, 06:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billfury

My buddy was reading an article in MCG about the 70 Coronets. They said in the article that if the 70 coronets came from the factory with a 4 speed, they all got black carpets. Is this true? Reason why I'm asking is because his 70 Bee has a 4 speed with burnt orange carpet. Here are some pictures of the car because I know how much everyone loves pictures here.

billfury

more

71ChallengeHer

Don't know about Bees. But I had 2 e-bodies with burnt orange interior and they both had burnt orange carpet.  :shruggy: 

billfury

Were they any chance 4 speeds cars ?

71ChallengeHer

billfury

Supposedly its only 4 speed cars that get black only. If thats true.

71ChallengeHer

Not sure if I believe that ?  I have seen 4 speed Chargers with burnt orange interior and carpet .   :scratchchin:   

billfury

Yea so did I. Just seeing if they did it differently with the 70 Coronet/bee.

GOTWING

My 70 Superbee WM23VOA FK5 had ALL  burnt orange interior including the carpet, Console auto car. I love the color, but to some it's a little much.

billfury

"Console auto car"
Yours is a auto car not a 4 speed.

"I love the color, but to some it's a little much."
That's why my buddy wanted to change it to black,but now not sure on it.

66FBCharger

I have a '70 road runner coupe. It is a non console 4 speed, saddle brown interior with a black carpet. I bought the car in '81 and it was all origianl. I will have to look through my stuff but somewhere it says that road runners with 4 speed trans. got black carpet only. It might be because it was a less expensive car?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

66FBCharger

This link has the dealership option book that says for floor covering, you got a black carpet only with four speed.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Belevedere0008.jpg

It also could of changed part way throught the production year where they started putting colored carpets in road runners. My car was an early (Aug.23, 1969) car. I am assuming the black carpet only on a four speed car could be the same for the superbee also.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

66FBCharger

The 1970 Dodge dealership data book says that the carpet was colored keyed to the interior color for the Coronets. It doesn't have the black only restriction that the road runner has.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Coronet0023.jpg

maxwellwedge

Got a few 1970 4-speed cars with other than black carpet....red, orange

Have a 69 GTX 4 speed with green carpet.

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 18, 2013, 12:02:57 PM

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

polywideblock

Quote from: moparstuart on April 18, 2013, 12:15:06 PM

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
have you seen the Aussie movie "running on empty"? not the US river Phoenix one. about half way through  one of the all time great saying. by the blind supercharged  57 Chev owning nut    "what colour is it?"
                   " green"(red)
                 " oh, green is nice"   you should take a look    :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Nacho-RT74

don't you need a NOS deck lid panel for it? I have some selling LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 18, 2013, 01:41:23 PM

get him Nacho , tell him his son is storing them for you
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Bill I have heard/read that the 4-speeds did get black carpets.....includes Chargers as well  :Twocents:

PS---havent seen that beauty in a while!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_Charger_RT

My 70 barracuda came original with burnt orange exterior and black carpet/interior.  Mine is a non-console 4spd car

billfury

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 18, 2013, 07:57:09 PM
Bill I have heard/read that the 4-speeds did get black carpets.....includes Chargers as well  :Twocents:

PS---havent seen that beauty in a while!

Erick has it stored at his aunts house and never drives it anymore.I think me and Kevin drove that thing more then he did.We bust his chops all the time about it.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: moparstuart on April 18, 2013, 01:55:27 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 18, 2013, 01:41:23 PM

get him Nacho , tell him his son is storing them for you

:D

I must correct is a deck lid FINISH panel :)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mauve66

pull the seats and lift the carpet to see if its original or replaced.  Maybe someone "thought" it needed to match the rest of the interior when it got replaced or MAYBE someone ordered it special that way cause they didn't like black carpet
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

billfury

Went to the English town swap meet and asked a few "mopar experts" about this.They said it should be black,but Chrysler would do whatever the customer wanted.So maybe they swapped it.I told my friend to leave it alone and get black floor mats.

mauve66

did you check under the carpet/seats for a broadcast sheet??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

472 R/T SE

Your friend heard correct although it's not just Super Bees.  I couldn't bring myself into making mine correct in AllBlue.

billfury

Quote from: mauve66 on April 23, 2013, 06:46:19 PM

He couldn't find the broadcast sheet.They put them under the rug? I'll tell him to check it out.Thanks.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: billfury on April 25, 2013, 06:48:10 AM
Quote from: mauve66 on April 23, 2013, 06:46:19 PM

He couldn't find the broadcast sheet.They put them under the rug? I'll tell him to check it out.Thanks.

They could be anywhere in the car.  I have found them under the seats (front and back), under the carpet pad, under the dash, in the headliner, and even under the trunk mats.  It is a lottery if the numbers match your car.  I found parts of six in one car, yet none matched the VIN to the one I was looking for....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

472 R/T SE

I was big time lucky. 
It just went to show how clean my blue Charger was when the crumbled up one @ the pass. foot well under the carpet was as fresh as the day it was tossed down there, Aug.-Sept. '69.  The other 2 were nice & flat.   ;)

Factory worker probably looked @ the overflowing trash can & said screw it, no one will ever notice it down there.   :coolgleamA:

vancamp

I know of a all original 70 bee 383 4 speed car burnt orange with burnt orange interior and the carpet is burnt orange as well it's a 4 speed non console car.